Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Scorcho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up finding the Nexens at simpletire.com! Hopefully they get here soon
Scorcho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the nexens today from simpletire! FYI if you get them shipped to an installer shipping is much less. Pepboys let me ship them to their store without me having them installed there
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a 195R15C tire for $74.99. Made in Thailand and I cant find any reviews but the specs are great.

http://simpletire.com/catalog/product/104833
JohnnyRingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
I've seen these for less than $80 each online and the specs look good (no personal experience):

http://www.achillesradial.com/en/tires/light-truck/achilles-ltr-80-19
I bought these from simple tire.......d rated tire, bus drives ten times better with a radial rather than a bias ply.$350.00 shipped.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyRingo wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
I've seen these for less than $80 each online and the specs look good (no personal experience):

I bought these from simple tire.......d rated tire, bus drives ten times better with a radial rather than a bias ply.$350.00 shipped.

Give us a report back after you have some miles on them. The specs look great just weren't a lot of information about them out there. Also, do they fit in the walk thru spare tire well?

Thanks
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
JohnnyRingo wrote:
srfndoc wrote:

Give us a report back after you have some miles on them. The specs look great just weren't a lot of information about them out there. Also, do they fit in the walk thru spare tire well?

Thanks

Any feed back on the tires?pictures?
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
JohnnyRingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Tires are great so far............they balanced very well using weights on inside only........I recently installed dyno beads in front tires only just for the added assurance of tires. Had a big argument with customer service, I have a little viberation at 55-60 with beads.....they tried to tell me I should have used 4oz instead of 3oz.....if you look at their tire chart it suggested every tire under 205/75/15 to install 3oz.....my tires are 195/70/15 customer service argued that my tire was not listed in their tire chart and I should have used 4oz??????????? Think their just trying to justify and make a defense for their product if you ask me.........may take beads out, because I didn't have the viberation before. Tires look great on my swivel seat......hope to post a picture soon.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

JohnnyRingo wrote:
Tires are great so far............they balanced very well using weights on inside only........I recently installed dyno beads in front tires only just for the added assurance of tires. Had a big argument with customer service, I have a little viberation at 55-60 with beads.....they tried to tell me I should have used 4oz instead of 3oz.....if you look at their tire chart it suggested every tire under 205/75/15 to install 3oz.....my tires are 195/70/15 customer service argued that my tire was not listed in their tire chart and I should have used 4oz??????????? Think their just trying to justify and make a defense for their product if you ask me.........may take beads out, because I didn't have the viberation before. Tires look great on my swivel seat......hope to post a picture soon.

Sorry... I have no idea what 'Beads" are, or what they do, or how they help?
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

bubba wrote:

Sorry... I have no idea what 'Beads" are, or what they do, or how they help?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617600&highlight=balancing+beads
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Anyone running these from Coker:

670-15 size, $223 each. Bias Ply look with Radial construction
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Coker American Classic Collector Radial Tires 195/75-15

Anyone try these? Is a 1444 LB weight load good? bad for a bus?
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

bubba wrote:

1525 Lbs. is the official tire load range for type 2. 1200 Lbs. for type 1, and totally sucks on a type 2 at high speed. So 1444 Lbs. would be a lot better than 1200 Lbs. and less than optimal than 1525 Lbs..
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

bubba wrote:

never bought any of these, but it do think they will make a good tire for a bus.

At the same time, i would probably buy the 6.70/15 radial best of both world. bias ply look and size, and radial construction. price is steep though

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

If that is the small white wall radial they have, those are a bit on the small size for the outer diameter at 26.5". So a lower top speed.

Cooper Discoverer 195/15 radials would be better with load range of 1,565 Lbs. and have 80% profile, comes out to 27.28" diameter. So you have a narrow radial and slightly higher top speed if you put these on the rear axle, than if you installed stock 27" tire diameter. See if your local tire shop can get you some of those.

If you have the later 1962 thru 1967 wider rear wheel wells a 205/75r15 will fit fine and you can find them easier in 1,525 Lbs. or higher load range. Should be about a 27.11" outer diameter.

Here is a great on line tool for quickly calculating tire diameter and comparing sizes.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=205-75r15-195-80r15

Or learn how to use a calculator. Say 205/75r15. 205 is width of tread, 75 is sidewall measurement in percentage of the tread width. So 205 x 75% = 153.75 mm, double that gives you the sidewall on each side of the rim. 2 x 153.75 = 307.50 mm. To turn that into inches divide by 25.4 mm which is 1 inch. 307.50 divided by 25.4 mm = 12.11 inches. Add 15 inches which is the rim diameter to 12.11 total side wall height and you get 27.11 inch outer diameter.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Cooper Discoverer 195/15 radials would be better with load range of 1,565 Lbs. and have 80% profile, comes out to 27.28" diameter. So you have a narrow radial and slightly higher top speed if you put these on the rear axle, than if you installed stock 27" tire diameter. See if your local tire shop can get you some of those.

Pretty sure these are NLA. I have had several sets (one of which is on my 68 single cab right now) and they are an excellent tire. If I could find more, I would buy them.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Found this foreign tyre website that lists different brands of radials in the 195/80r15 size that has very complete info on each tire. Not saying you have to buy from them and get shipped to you from Africa, but that this site makes a good list of radials to search for here in N. America. If your local tire shop is not interested finding a tire you can use, it is time to find another tire shop.

http://www.fundityres.co.za/tyres?id=16&tyre_width=89&tyre_profile=73&tyre_rimsize=93

Just make sure the load index is 95 or higher.

Here is a load index chart:

http://www.goodyear.ca/en-CA/tires/tire-guide/load-index

Speed rating of "L" or higher. Here is a chart on that.

http://brownsalignment.com/tires/tire-speed-rating-chart/
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUR-NEW-15-INCH-P195R15-Z...mp;vxp=mtr

I going to give these a shot.. 106q 2090 lbs 99mph max speed..
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Those look like a great tire and a great price at near $77 bucks each. Posting the tire data now so anyone in the future can access this info.

Manufacturer/Model: Zetex CT-1000 All Season
Size: 195-R15
Quantity: The price for this offer is for a SET of FOUR tires
Load Rating: Single (950 Kg/2090 Lbs) Dual (900 KG/1984 Lbs) @ 450 Kpa/65 Psi

Bubba, do you have early 1962 or earlier rear wheel wells? Will be a close fit if so.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Those look like a great tire and a great price at near $77 bucks each. Posting the tire data now so anyone in the future can access this info.

Manufacturer/Model: Zetex CT-1000 All Season
Size: 195-R15
Quantity: The price for this offer is for a SET of FOUR tires
Load Rating: Single (950 Kg/2090 Lbs) Dual (900 KG/1984 Lbs) @ 450 Kpa/65 Psi

Bubba, do you have early 1962 or earlier rear wheel wells? Will be a close fit if so.

60 so23.. They are 26.53 inches tall... We will see. Pics to come.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Is it that your old tires are 26.53" tall? If so, what is the tire size on the sidewall?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 31

Jump to: