Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fun with guns....
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Fun with guns.... Reply with quote

My brother calls me last night and invites me to a July 4th party/machinegun shooting/blowing shit up thing. A friend of his is a class 3 weapons dealer and explosives expert. Trains and certifies ATF, FBI and such. Apparently last year they c-4'ed a few cars. The guy that owns Beck's Liquors (a Texas distributor) has acquired a machine gun like the one in the movie "Predator". Said to be capable of something like 4,000 rounds a minute! I'm looking forward to this! anyone shot any exotic shit like this?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by davebuckholts on Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play with black powder and blow up plastic models when I was a kid... does that count? fire fire fire... in my best beavis and butthead laughter. Sounds like fun. Very Happy
Volkswagenate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, not to be a dick, but nobody's actually shot one of those, and nobody ever will, at least not THAT configuration. The recoil of (at your ROF estimate) about 60 rounds fired in one second is more than ANY man can handle. Those guns are built to be mounted on helicopters and planes, so I don't think they build any recoil absorption system into them at all. The force required to keep that under control, or to keep from being knocked on your ass even, is more than a human can muster. (unless it's in .22 caliber, then you could probably handle that) What you didn't see in the movie Predator was the guy holding that gun wearing a protective vest and faceshield to keep him from getting hurt by the ejected shells, and even though they were using blanks, he still needed help managing the recoil. (or so I read)
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volkswagenate wrote:
Dude, not to be a dick, but nobody's actually shot one of those, and nobody ever will, at least not THAT configuration. The recoil of (at your ROF estimate) about 60 rounds fired in one second is more than ANY man can handle. Those guns are built to be mounted on helicopters and planes, so I don't think they build any recoil absorption system into them at all. The force required to keep that under control, or to keep from being knocked on your ass even, is more than a human can muster. (unless it's in .22 caliber, then you could probably handle that) What you didn't see in the movie Predator was the guy holding that gun wearing a protective vest and faceshield to keep him from getting hurt by the ejected shells, and even though they were using blanks, he still needed help managing the recoil. (or so I read)

I'm aware of the recoil and mounting necessaties. The weight of the weapon, batteries to run the gun (3.5 HP needed at full speed) and an amount of ammo to really do anything, makes it impossible for a man to hand fire it. I'm sure the thing will be mounted to something pretty stable.
There is a halftrack on the premises....... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
canbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound like a lot of fun Very Happy I'll just go ouside now and target practice with my single shot 22. Confused

Her 56 KG
His 56 KG
69 Single Cab, my new daily driver.
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and I thought fireworks and a .22 and 12 g shotgun made for 4th of July fun...clearly I see now that the stakes have been raised!!!
Have fun, and better yet, bring the video camera!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meinvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4000 rounds a minute, I sure hope the ammo is cheap! The ammo for my ond japanese sniper riffle was something like $52 for 10 rounds.

And from above, nothing like being a kid and playing with black powder. Blew up quite a few models myself. Then got kicked out of school for sending a powder filled rocket down the hall! Funny as hell till we ( excuse me my Dad) had to pay for the damages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do indeed bring a video and also a still picture camara! Sounds like something I'd like to do!!! Razz

There is a place in Nevada set up like summer camp or like that. They have all kinds of firearms and for a "fee" they'll let you shoot whatever you want! Surprised

I'll have to plan a "vacation" around THAT! Cool
MSG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wimp.com/chaingun/

theres a link to a video of one I believe it's a Dillon Aero.
blarneyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a 1/4 stick of dynamite (seal bomb) under a garbage can in the high school hall during class? Twisted Evil BOOM!
fastback1971
Samba Drummer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, firepower. That brings back the good old days when I was in the Army. I worked on Cobras and Apaches. Capable of some serious destruction. But i believe the award goes to the A-10 Thunderbolt, for its ability to put stupid amounts of firepower into and thru some of the toughest tanks in the world. :snipersmile:
Nid
Samba Drama Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a video a while back of an A-10 crumpling a PzKw mk4 like tinfoil Very Happy
Fuck your God, Your Lord and your Christ, he did this
Took all you had and left you this way

A Perfect Circle - Judith
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kaferfiend
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fun with guns.... Reply with quote

davebuckholts wrote:
My brother calls me last night and invites me to a July 4th party/machinegun shooting/blowing shit up thing. A friend of his is a class 3 weapons dealer and explosives expert. Trains and certifies ATF, FBI and such. Apparently last year they c-4'ed a few cars. The guy that owns Beck's Liquors (a Texas distributor) has acquired a machine gun like the one in the movie "Predator". Said to be capable of something like 4,000 rounds a minute! I'm looking forward to this! anyone shot any exotic shit like this?

Nothing like THAT!! But, last weekend I finally got to shoot the Serbu BFG .50 cal. Shoots the ever popular .50 caliber Browning Machine gun round. It's a monster, and so was the recoil! But, accurate to well over the 600 yards we were shooting in high crosswind. When the big boys get together to compete, they usually start around 1200 yards and move out past 2000 yards.

It's a fun gun to shoot, for sure!

I gotta hit one of the big machine gun shoot off's one of these days. Have fun on the 4th!

Serbu BFG

http://serbu.com/bfg50.mpg

-kf
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bajatacoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Electric- We bring good things to life! Twisted Evil

Dillon Aero makes parts for mounting them to helicopters and such. The three barrel configuration fires close to 3000 rounds a minute while the six barrel configuration fires closer to 6000 (unless you slow them down). They have been produced in 5.56 and 7.62; variations were also used in 20mm, and 30mm. With tracer rounds mixed in the belt it looks like a laser going off. It makes a buzzing noise when it fires instead of the usual bang. Absolutley amazing to see an AC-130 on a fire mission!

I was reading about the one used in the movie Predator a while back. The guy had the power cords run up his pants leg and could only carry a small quantity of ammo because the gun weighed so much.

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?
Hunter S Thompson
Tru-Dubs-Bri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love A-10s Very Happy

TRU-DUBS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click on link and then click on sand rail. sounds like dave is going to be in some straight jesse james stuff right there.

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/videogalleries/failures/failures.html

hey dave can i come up for the 4th?

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70fasty
ITMC Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked they destroyed a delorean!! Mad

ITMC
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fastback1971
Samba Drummer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they destroyed a delorean

Yeah jesse had it out for that car from the start. That turd rx-7 needed to die though.
Bajatacoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deloreans were junk anyways. My uncle had one for a short period of time (he got it in a trade); it was a dog with a Renault engine and an automatic tranny.

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?
Hunter S Thompson
Kaferfiend
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bajatacoma wrote:
Deloreans were junk anyways. My uncle had one for a short period of time (he got it in a trade); it was a dog with a Renault engine and an automatic tranny.

I thought they used Volvo engines...? Anyway, they weren't meant to be fast, just different. And different they were!

-kf
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: