Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

International Shipping
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliff witham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.I am holding the car until the chasiers check clears my bank It will not be relased until that happens.
cliff witham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.I was contacted by a so called transport company to schedule a deliver they gave me a name of SI Transport I waited a day and contacted SI Transport Via a google search and asked them if they had a vw bus in Idaho to be transported they had no information on my bus the guy I had talked to gave me a sitransport02@gmail email wich is not one of sitransports Email addresses.Looks Like and feels like a SCAM
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliff witham wrote:
Just an update.I was contacted by a so called transport company to schedule a deliver they gave me a name of SI Transport I waited a day and contacted SI Transport Via a google search and asked them if they had a vw bus in Idaho to be transported they had no information on my bus the guy I had talked to gave me a sitransport02@gmail email wich is not one of sitransports Email addresses.Looks Like and feels like a SCAM

You did very well to check up on the transport...after all they just have to say they're an agent for SI Transport and away they go with your property. Did they send a cashiers check...and has it been cleared?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cliff witham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
cliff witham wrote:

You did very well to check up on the transport...after all they just have to say they're an agent for SI Transport and away they go with your property. Did they send a cashiers check...and has it been cleared?

I have not seen anything yet
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliff witham wrote:
Thanks for your help.I am holding the car until the chasiers check clears my bank It will not be relased until that happens.

Make sure it really clears, this could take 30 days.
Or get something in writing from your bank that they have cleared the check and the funds cannot be pulled from your account.

I say this because they may mark the check as cleared and release the funds to your account but pull them back later if it's discovered to be a fake.

This is why a wire transfer is better and preferred for international transactions.

But... scammers don't care about your car, they just want you to send them money via Western Union.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep this is why you have to ask yourself, if they are a professional concern why would they want to use such a time consuming method of payment when the alternative so much more simple and secure.

To me the answer is obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mickyfin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting info shared in this thread, and some good guidelines for myself who is looking to import to Finland from US. Does anyone know of a specific shipping company for Northern Europe that can ship me a bug from CA to Helsinki?

Thanks in advance.

PS, I would also welcome anyone else here in Finland to share their experiences with importing a car from the US into Suomi.
Konstantin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: delivery to KOTKA Reply with quote

this company www.expressshippingco.com imported cars
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickyfin wrote:
Some interesting info shared in this thread, and some good guidelines for myself who is looking to import to Finland from US. Does anyone know of a specific shipping company for Northern Europe that can ship me a bug from CA to Helsinki?

Thanks in advance.

PS, I would also welcome anyone else here in Finland to share their experiences with importing a car from the US into Suomi.

I suggest you contact sclusa.com

I used them to ship (not import as it was already registered in France) my Transporter from Newark to Le Havre France.
They are very busy shipping a lot of exotic american cars, even wrecks, to Europe.
'49vwsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of making a purchase in Athens, Greece and shipping to Quebec, Canada.
Rolling beetle fully functional.
Shipping from the port of "Piraeus, Port of Athens" to "Port of Montreal"?

Any ideas? I've searched quite a few companies so far using Google and the typical search words and the ones I've found don't go to Athens.

Can a Canadian ship to a US port somehow? I could ship to the Port Authority of Maine but then have to deal with registering the car in the US, getting it across the CAD border and then registering it AGAIN in Canada etc etc.

Any thoughts?
BtownVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Shipping from Argentina Reply with quote

Just got back from Argentina and I am itching to ship a car from there that isn't offered here in the US. Im looking to get a VW Saveiro. I have a friend that can purchase the car and take it to the port located near Buenos Aires, but I was wondering about the import rules and regulations in the US for importing a car. Is there a company that someone would recommend or any insight on how I could go about this. Thanks, and here is a pic of the saveiro.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'49vwsplit wrote:
Thinking of making a purchase in Athens, Greece and shipping to Quebec, Canada.
Rolling beetle fully functional.
Shipping from the port of "Piraeus, Port of Athens" to "Port of Montreal"?

Any ideas? I've searched quite a few companies so far using Google and the typical search words and the ones I've found don't go to Athens.

Can a Canadian ship to a US port somehow? I could ship to the Port Authority of Maine but then have to deal with registering the car in the US, getting it across the CAD border and then registering it AGAIN in Canada etc etc.

Any thoughts?

I'm not expert but, why not a temporary import to USA and final import to Canada.
Temp import is for less than one year. If your preliminary paperwork is OK, custom clearance is 15 minutes and if you ship to Newark, the cheapest as far as I know, the custom officer in charge of cars I met there is a VW adept.
freaknbusses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

can someone help me to find a good international shipper

that can ship from Washington to Europe (Belgium)

the car is in Lakewood btw but can drive it to a other place in WA
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golf-classic wrote:
hi

From Newark to Le Havre France in shared container (safe) contact www.sclusa.com . They are specialized in car shipping to Europe . The best price I was able to get.
roevets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: International Shipping Reply with quote

golf-classic wrote:
hi

Hi, we can ship from California. Best thing is to go to our web site, wcshipping.com/zip/, input US zip code where vehicle is at, then pick port of destination, get an estimate and let me know what help you need, [email protected] or cell 925 759 2318. Good luck, Steve
sarahlouw21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: shipping my vw kombi from australia to uk/ireland? Reply with quote

hey, just purchased my first vw and looking into shipping from australia to uk or ireland ( whichever is easiest/cheapest) any one shipped from aussie before? any recommendation/ info would be gratefully appreciated as all i see is us-uk threads here Crying or Very sad

cheers sarah
roevets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: shipping my vw kombi from australia to uk/ireland? Reply with quote

sarahlouw21 wrote:
hey, just purchased my first vw and looking into shipping from australia to uk or ireland ( whichever is easiest/cheapest) any one shipped from aussie before? any recommendation/ info would be gratefully appreciated as all i see is us-uk threads here Crying or Very sad

cheers sarah

Hi Sarah,

Congrats on the purchase. When we ship from the US, we use a company in UK http://www.hillshipping.com/
Kevin can give you an idea if he can help you. "Kevin Hill" [email protected]. Tell him Steve from West Coast Shipping sent you. Good luck
sarahlouw21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: shipping my vw kombi from australia to uk/ireland? Reply with quote

thanks steve, its all new to me!! do you or anyone else know the deal about shipping a van shell, i.e no engine? will it be a problem geting it through customs etc

we are in two minds to work on it in oz to get it road legal or if time runs out get it shipped to uk and sort it there??
roevets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: shipping my vw kombi from australia to uk/ireland? Reply with quote

sarahlouw21 wrote:
thanks steve, its all new to me!! do you or anyone else know the deal about shipping a van shell, i.e no engine? will it be a problem geting it through customs etc

we are in two minds to work on it in oz to get it road legal or if time runs out get it shipped to uk and sort it there??

Tough call. We ship any and everything from the US, runners to rough shells. Get answers from Kevin on importing. Another great guy is Spike Hughes, super nice guy, [email protected], who can give you some hints on getting vehicle on the road (this is his business and he needs to support his little one, so give him some business if you can). No more advice until you post some pics of your new VW! Very Happy Very Happy
sarahlouw21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: shy kombi Reply with quote

haha pics?!! suppose it is the rules!!

i have to go down to brissie to pick her up! 12 hr drive each way!! but shes worth it!! shes deffo a little rust rat at mo but def will get pics up!!

big decision though... what to name her??!

will check out that guy aswell, we're planning to do all the welding etc ourselves but always good to get a professional invovled
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: