Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5698946115.html

This appeared on my local CL.
Obviously, the pictures weren't taken in Minnesota (CA plates and palm trees).
Wondering if anyone knows the car/owner to verify if it's a recent immigrant to MN, a scam ad, or what?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

Here's the ad from the samba, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1950576

The phone number is the same but location is different on the cl ad. Makes me think both are a scam.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

the phone number matches the doggie grooming vehicle

I googled the number but didn't come up with anything. It is a so-cal area code near Corona FWIW
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the car itself but the extra ad information I can see behind the scenes says the ad here was posted from CA.

I did a Google search of craigslist by the ad title and there are only 2 ads - one in CA and one in MN.

This makes me think it's in CA but they cross-listed in MN but not sure why.

I do see people cross-listing stuff in craigslist sometimes but not usually so far away.
For instance I see stuff from CA on the AZ craigslist sometimes.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

The car is local to me and I have a reasonable shipper that is based in Minnesota if you are interested in it I could put you in touch.
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

some observations. I like the color even though it's far from stock. Some nice wheels and lowered a bit would look killer. The interior I like, except it looks like it could have been done better. It may be possible to get new foam/horsehair and re-hog ring the covers to look tighter and more like a nice job.

no passenger mirror and the holes make it look like it had aftermarket mirrors on it. like baby turbo mirrors or something. That sucks and cant really be fixed without painting. Repop dash sucks but whatever, normal. No driver window winder. Maybe it's there and he lost the clip? Radio is a later one, and the surround is missing. It's weird that they painted the radio bracket just above. The soft radio surround usually covers that up. They are impossible to find

there is a lot of other little stuff missing / broken, hood out of alignment, window chrome missing on the back 3. at that price, I would pass. I would really want to look at it in person to see the quality of the paint, and magnet test for bondo
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

It ended on eBay today too (Reserve not met)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162140798619

Location on ebay says Corona, CA
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

Speaking of hood alignment, I just put my hood back on after painting the trunk compartment and it looks like it's shifted to the driver side now, how do I pull the hood over to the passenger side, maybe an 1/8"?

Sorry for hijacking
1956 Baja
1960 Sand Rover buggy
1965 Street bug
1967 Squareback
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone familiar with this 1966 Squareback from California? Reply with quote

I am not real familiar with Squarebacks but in the market for one......maybe. Anyway is the 8K price way out of line for this car? Trying to find out more about this VW model. Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: