Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devodale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Just ordered mine last night for my stepdads 58 handed down to me last weekend. 75 Euro which is currently $83. I guess I should expect it 6 to 7 months....
Once you decide to buy, it does take you to a secure payment site...fyi.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Devodale wrote:
Just ordered mine last night for my stepdads 58 handed down to me last weekend. 75 Euro which is currently $83. I guess I should expect it 6 to 7 months....
Once you decide to buy, it does take you to a secure payment site...fyi.

Thanks for the update on price...yes a protracted wait...but where else would you get the info.

Pictures of your '58 in a new thread please...especially if there's a story and a restoration attached. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rasser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I also got mine - it probably took 5 months time.
They also confirmed the matching numbers engine (on a separate document) Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jovanybg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Ordered mine on 08/03. 85$ with data sheet.
Lets see when I will get it?!
Karmann Gheezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Sent payment and information to AutoMuseum for my '59 Ghia Coupe July 29th and received it today. 104 days. Not bad at all.

They also confirmed it has the original engine.
I would like to know more information about two items stated under Extra/Options: M 355 US-equipment.

1. “Ram protection” - What is that? Bumper over-riders?
2. “Reversing light” - Would like to see an image of what that set up looked like on the original lowlights. With one reverse light or two?

Karmann Gheezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Found these with European bumpers. Still wonder if one or two were installed from factory.

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I think 1, it says reversing light, not lights. Smile
Your pics seem to concur.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
gustavbu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

they ask 90 EUR for certificate + data sheet now + inform that it might take up to 5months
Abigdumkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with the automuseum. I just got my info from them. I'm also happy to receive that separate letter telling me the engine in my ghia is original to the car. What really impressed me with them was the fact I initially sent them the wrong VIN, didn't notice my mistake until 3 months later, and emailed them about it. They responded within a day and corrected my mistake without hesitation. I ordered last November and got it now. 6 months is what their site says and that's about what it took. I just need to find some whitewall "tyres." 😁 I also the the D53 code is the rear defrost.

jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpeters60ghia wrote:
They will ONLY take a credit card... PERIOD.

I have tried alternate means a couple of times ( including a certified cheque / money order for 15 Euros).
This was, politely, denied...and a credit card # was requested.

I haven't mailed them my CC# yet...their on-line email form is not
secure...and I don't know about you...

But I don't want my credit card information open and freely accessible on the internet.

- Doug

If it is truly a credit card and not a debit card then who cares? It’s only a phone call to rectify fraudulent charges.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eemiles11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Is the museum going to restart the Birth Certificate program, or is this their way of ending it? Their website says the program is down because of Technical Reason.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

eemiles11 wrote:
Is the museum going to restart the Birth Certificate program, or is this their way of ending it? Their website says the program is down because of Technical Reason.

If they say it's down for a "Technical Reason" one suspects it because of a "Technical Fault"...why would they not announce the closing down of the service, if that is what they intended?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I received my certificate today after ordering in April, which was much quicker than anticipated. Unfortunately the only thing correct on it is the VIN number and probably the dates - it says I have a German delivered LHD convertible but mine is a RHD coupe. I have emailed them so hopefully will get a corrected version or a refund.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:
I received my certificate today after ordering in April, which was much quicker than anticipated. Unfortunately the only thing correct on it is the VIN number and probably the dates - it says I have a German delivered LHD convertible but mine is a RHD coupe. I have emailed them so hopefully will get a corrected version or a refund.

I received a new certificate today and the details look correct - very good service to receive this in Australia less than three weeks after I raised the issue with them.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

eemiles11 wrote:

I was at the museum 2 months ago and met the lady who issues the BCs. And have communicated with her on a groups purchase of BCs (20% off). She tells me the site will come back up but does not know when. Another portion of the site says Sep 1st - am hoping that date applies to the BC page as well.
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Here's the new link the official VW Birth Certificate: https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/volkswagen-zertifikate.html
TISO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Can someone identify options M 008 and M 018?

I got them listed as unidentified on my certificate
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

TISO wrote:
Can someone identify options M 008 and M 018?

I got them listed as unidentified on my certificate

Check out the MCodes here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/mcodeskg.php

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TISO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Well for M 008 you can now add Unknown but seen also on Karmann Ghia 141 Convertible (L356 Colorado) built on 14th august 1958 shipped to South Africa (chassis No. 2 029 XYZ).

BTW other options on this car - some not listed on the link (admins could You please update the table):
M 020 Mph speedometer
M 128 white wall tires
M 580 Top cover Sahara Beige
M 595 Upholstery leatherette Light Beige

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

TISO wrote:

BTW other options on this car - some not listed on the link (admins could You please update the table):

M 580 Top cover Sahara Beige
M 595 Upholstery leatherette Light Beige

Thanks for that. Smile Being updated as I type this.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: