Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Huff split beetle steering lock
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Huff split beetle steering lock Reply with quote

I need some help repairing this Huff split beetle lock. This picture is not my lock but I have one just like it. Does anyone know how the cylinder comes out? I found the small set screw that was filled in and removed it, but the cylinder will not budge. My other one it popped right out but the top of the lock cylinder was flush and didn't come down over the sides? The cap is aluminum? thread on? push on??

Also I think these had F profile Huff keys? Is that right? I need a blank? Tim

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Huff split beetle steering lock Reply with quote

I just figured out my other steering lock must be missing the aluminum cap around the lock cylinder. That is why my other cylinder popped right out. The big question is?? How does that thin aluminum cup come off that says start and garage on it? I tried pulling and twisting and it will not move.
Joshua B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Huff split beetle steering lock Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...highlight=
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Huff split beetle steering lock Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks Joshua for sending me the link. Exactly what I needed. Tim
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: