Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHILL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

im just wondering if there any machine shops around the SGV ariea that can do the converishion??? Question
C_Heath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldspeed.com
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

Gonna resurrect this one. Does anyone make a porsche 5 lug drum that can directly replace the 4 lug?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

yes, but...

Why not upgrade to ghia discs that are drilled for 5x130 (porsche)

bug rear drums : http://www.socalautoparts.com/product_info.php/ind...30-p-13060

front drums here but call them because they usually do have 5 lug pre-drilled : http://www.socalautoparts.com/product_info.php/aft...30-p-12644
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

I should have explained better. I've got a 71 Ghia that has disc brakes in the front and drum in the back. I want to put a good 5 lug disc brake kit on the front but was looking to just change out the drums on the back.
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

Sebro makes rear drums in the 5x130 pattern.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

steveoutlaw wrote:
I should have explained better. I've got a 71 Ghia that has disc brakes in the front and drum in the back. I want to put a good 5 lug disc brake kit on the front but was looking to just change out the drums on the back.

ahhh ok. So yes on the drums I listed above. Rears seem to be easy to get from most VW shops already drilled 5x130
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: rear drum 4 lug to porsche 5 lug Reply with quote

steveoutlaw wrote:

As Erik G suggested, SoCal Imports has direct bolt-on drum conversion for your car. No machining required. Click the link Erik G provided in his post for the drums
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: