Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HalfA$$ paint job....
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLCAR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: HalfA$$ paint job.... Reply with quote

So my Thing will never be show quality (I have 3 boys under 5 years old that love to hit it with their toys) so I am going to do a cheap refresh on it. My question is how bad will it look if I just paint the outside and leave the inside white? I have a local guy who will fix some rust areas and paint the whole car for $800 but dont think hes going to strip the interior down. Also I have black carpet in there as well (Previous owner). Thinking about going with a Mango green or Beryl Green. I basically want the outside to look better (cant stand the old dull white respray, its gets real dirty). Any input would be much appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: HalfA$$ paint job.... Reply with quote

The inside of the windshield frame is orange...

Many people who paint their cars don't paint the inside, unless it's a full restoration job. White inside is a lot better, then say if it was blue or something.

Paint it what color you want to... and enjoy it. Drive it. No one will know what the inside looks like, unless the ride it or drive it!
Westy Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: HalfA$$ paint job.... Reply with quote

Make it two tone. One of the colors should be white. Then paint some of the easily accessible portions of the interior the other color (green). Could look pretty good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: