Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

The 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair will be held on August 14 at the Terryville Fairgrounds, Terryville , Connecticut. The show is open to all VWs b both aircooled and watercooled , with over 40 classes if you wish to enter your VW and compete for one of the 100 awards. A large swap meet with new and used parts. Camping is on the fairgrounds at $15 per vehicle. Saturday night cookout with hotdogs and hamburgs provided by the Lions Club, free of charge. Vendor spaces on Sunday are $30 for a 20x20 space. Spectators to show are $9, kids free. Car and driver for showcars are $15. Gates open for cars at 8am, vendors 7am. All proceeds go to charity. Further info call 860 283 5256 or [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

less than a month away, who is planning to be there?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

I'll be there, if the weather is nice. Pray

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

We'll be there no matter what the weather is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
We'll be there no matter what the weather is.

you're hard core Very Happy

probably going to be 150* that weekend

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

only about a week now.....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Missed it, but heard that this show was really good last year.

C'mon vendors!!!
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

I'll be there, haven't gotten out much this year
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

shano63 wrote:
I'll be there, haven't gotten out much this year

alright Ill keep an eye out for ya!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

See you there Brent
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
CrRusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Weather appears very unsettled for this weekend. Where will any info be posted of the weather turns bad? Ie like show cancelled. Im hoping to camp out Saturday night but... Trying to be helpful to avoid a similar situation a couple years back. All ears. ---Randy---
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

looks fine to me

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

may get an afternoon thunder storm, but that's no big deal....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

It's been fun watching them change the forecast EVERY time. Look at yesterday when we were getting dumped on ALL day and then they said nothing but some light afternoon t storms and then mid day rain only and then what really happened.

Packing tent and some raincoats. Great way to wash everything if it rains.

Finishing up some projects and starting to pack. Will head out some time on Saturday most likely.
mrlimbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Anyone have a split bus elephant ear mirror they are willing to part with and bring to Terryville? My son broke mine off. Let me know. Thanks.
'01 Jetta Honey's car
Looking for a Vanagon weekender or Escorial green camper.
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

I plan on having a message on my answer machine at 6:30 AM Sunday morning. If you are really unsure give it a call in the morning before you take off. We plan on having the show. About 8 years ago it rained all day and we went on with the event. Never cancelled or postponed in 24 years. The info phone for showday is listed in the calendar of events under Terryville. Chuck P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CrRusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Im not really worried about the weather, being a landscaper, I can deal with rain if I really need to. Thanks for Giving direction to others if they are in question about the weather at the show. If anyone asks me at least there is a direct source One can direct them to. Thanks for your response. I'm sure putting on an event like this has too many issues you really want to deal with. But Lets all hope the weather is going to be not too Hot with no rain.

I'll Tell you on Monday. Can't wait for the show. Thanks again for all you do to put on this event. THANKS Chuck...................
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

. Shocked

Last edited by EA812 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

I plan on bringing the car formerly known as project 66 Daily Driver. Currently retired from daily Driver duty.

Last edited by EA812 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Well too much going on around here this week.... Won't be able to make it for the camp out. Heading out early for the show tomorrow.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 25th Annual Connecticut Bug A Fair-August 14 2016 CT Reply with quote

Am I to understand there will be no cook out? Confused

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: