Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parking Brake Threaded Rod Size
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogan029
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Parking Brake Threaded Rod Size Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to know the threaded rod size and pitch for the parking brake cable? my cable snapped where the adjustment screw is located and I am thinking of trying to save it. I need to know the size and pitch so that I can throw a die on it and clean up the threads that I have left.

Thanks!
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Parking Brake Threaded Rod Size Reply with quote

M6x1.0

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
hogan029
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Parking Brake Threaded Rod Size Reply with quote

awesome thanks! I was thinking of splicing the rod that I have left with a piece of ready rod that I have laying around like this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I need to go somewhere this coming weekend and no local places have a replacement.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Parking Brake Threaded Rod Size Reply with quote

Sure that will work, good as new. As long as the position of the splice leaves room to adjust the cable. Prob should put a jam nut at each end of that coupling nut.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: