Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Immersed Wheels - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Immersed_Wheels
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 22, 2017
FlipJohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Immersed Wheels - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order for a full set of deep dish wheels on Mar. 4th. I was told it would only take 3 weeks to build and ship. I paid upfront as requested and waited... and waited. The first month went by, I emailed Tom and asked for an update about the wheels. He responded back, on April 8th, that he had an issue with his media blasting machine and parts were on order. It would be another week till completion. So I waited...

I gave him three more weeks, April 24th, then decided to email and ask again about the wheels. This time his response was more promising. He said the wheels were complete, but he post dated the shipping on accident so had to see if he could change it. He also informed me that his wife does all the shipping and he doesn't have access to her account so he didn't have a tracking number for me yet. Once he got the number he would let me know. So I waited...

On May 4th I emailed Tom to explain that my wife didn't believe that I was getting any wheels and she felt I was getting ripped off. He replied back telling me they are built and shipped, but his wife was t boned so he wasn't able to get her password yet and get the tracking info. He finished by saying that he finished them and boxed them, and had to see if his wife shipped them... So after being told they were shipped over a week ago and now being told he didn't know if they were shipped yet, I started to think my wife was right. Against my better judgement I waited...

Now it's May 13th and I haven't heard from Tom so I asked him for the tracking number once again. This time he responds back that he will have his wife get them out, and he has been in the hospital with appendix issues. I waited 4 days and asked once again If they were shipped. This is the point where Tom became very difficult. He stops responding. I decided to protect myself and said if i didn't receive a tracking number by the end of the week then to go ahead and cancel my order and refund my money.

So Friday night comes around and I still haven't heard from Tom so I sent him a email giving him a heads up I was putting in a claim with Paypal for the money. I really wanted the wheels, but I would have to order them from someone else. That got his attention, and he responded. He said they were shipped out yesterday and I would be receiving an email from Fedex with a tracking number once it's processed. He asked for one more day so there is money in his Paypal account that he used for shipping. If I submit a claim then Paypal will put a hold on the funds and the shipping charges would get declined. Stupid me decided to wait...

I wait until Monday evening and never receive any further information. I ask him if he got a tracking number because I didn't. He sends me a tracking number and tells me that he has to go back to Fedex and fill out paper work for customs because of some other order going to Canada. I was so excited that I my wheels were coming!!! I run the tracking number and it comes back invalid. I tell him it did't work and he says its because of the Canadian order. He asked to give it a dyad see if it goes through.

I wait two more days without any luck and decided once and for all I was disputing the charges with Paypal and to not allow for Tom to lie any more. I do the right thing and give him a heads up about the claim and he needs to respond through them from now on. Now he tells me that its not his Paypal and he can't respond. He also told me that he will not be sending my wheels and will not be refunding my money. He adds that he will now be charging me for the wheels that were going to Canada because they can't ship now because of me. I then receive and email from someone else saying Tom gave them my information and asked how I will be paying them for the order he would not be receiving. He says he will be seeking legal action to sue me for his loss. I explain to both of them that it's very bad business practice to give out customers information and to threaten customers to scare them into not asking for a refund. I go back and forth with both of them for a day and then I finally notice something strange. They both have the same last name! I bought the wheels from Tom Jones, and the other email was from Scott Jones. I do a search on google for the contact number on Toms ad, and the results take me to the Facebook page of Scott Jones. I couldn't believe that he was pretending to be someone else. I let him know that I figured out both accounts were him and I was letting Paypal know as well. Tom writes back that I was incorrect. He says that the other person is named Rich and was starting a lawsuit against me because he did a background check on me and has reason to not trust me.... Not trust me? I paid in full upfront and never received the wheels. There is no trust involved when nothing is owed.

Good thing Paypal insures all transactions and doesn't need the sellers consent to refund the money. I email Tom or Scott or whatever his name is and let him know that he has two weeks to ship the wheels or Paypal will refund 100% of my purchase. He then attempts one final lie and tells me that the Paypal account I paid him through is deactivated. I decide enough is enough and stop emailing him. I wait a few days and finally get a response through Paypal. It was Tom's wife. She informs me that my wheels are not made and I'm not the first person having problems with Tom. She explains that the money was spent and she wouldn't have money to refund me until her next pay day. This was the first time I was being told the truth! She followed through as promised. And I finally got a refund after 3 months of waiting!

During this transaction he has edited his ad to not accept Paypal, and has changed his email. I have every email to back up this post and just wanted to share so others know what could potentially happen to them. I would never recommend Tom to a friend and I will not make another purchase from him in the future. It's very unfortunate his lack of time management, business skills, and being so quick to lie is going to get in the way of his product. Judging by his ad and Facebook page, he makes a very high quality product. Do not pay him 100% up front. You have been warned.

Sorry for the long post but hopefully it was helpful,
Jesse

Tom Jones or maybe Scott Jones
Immersed Wheels
[email protected]
https://m.facebook.com/Immersed-wheels-655429087932589/
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1863356

--------------------------------

Moderator note:
Older feedback and username on this site
Ratchet Rods - [email protected]
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=614737
Immersed_Wheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy is a flat out lier. Do not trust anything this guy's says. I have a lawsuit being filed as I type this against him for fraud and defamation of character. He is a scammer trying to get something for nothing.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

what would he be trying to get for "free"?

If he didn't get the wheels he says he paid for , and he says he was refunded his money, What is he trying to get from you now?

He's just telling his story of not receiving what he paid for....
Immersed_Wheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

That's the thing he is pissed cause it didn't work. I have had 2 people already pull the samething. And end up with free wheels and there money back cause paypal always sides with the customer even when you give them a tracking number. They just claim they never got them. Even if there say delivered they can say no they never received them. What they do is give a different address maybe a few houses down. And then tell paypal they never got them and they get their money and the wheels for free. Very common scam. Happens with amazon all the time. You can order on amazon and then tell them the item is broken or doesn't work and amazon will replace it and never ask for the other one back. My wife works for amazon and it happens all the time. The fact he has a refund and is still going on about lies is the problem. But it will be all handled in court. By the end of the week he will know I mean business. For every dollar he cost me in potential business I will be seek damages for. He has 24 hours to stop his lies and slander or be faced with a crippling lawsuit. Every other customer has received their wheels without problems.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

did you send him the wheels?

3+ months for wheels to not show is ridiculous, most ppl would be pissed as well .
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

Immersed_Wheels wrote:
For every dollar he cost me in potential business I will be seek damages for.

good luck proving "potential business" losses Rolling Eyes
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

Paypal does NOT always side with the buyers as a seller you have equal protection aswell. As long as you have proof of shipping and you used the correct verified address provided by the buyer on his Paypal invoice or proof in an email sent by the buyer to use or send to a specific address your safe. You can also google map your shipped items now too for proof of exactly Where your package went to also 😀
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
59 renault dauphine (work in progress)
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
FlipJohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Deep wheels from Immersed Wheels [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you all for understanding. I have never tried to scam anyone and I will not allow myself to get scammed. All I did was protect myself and not allow for Immersed Wheels to take my money without producing a product. Like mentioned earlier, I have email, and will be happy to post them if I continue to be harassed by Tom. Including the Paypal emails where his wife admits that my wheels were never made. I am just leaving feedback as a buyer. Not all feedback is positive.
OG67westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Immersed Wheels - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm so glad I didn't order from this joker after exchanging some messages a few months back. In the message he said everything was "no problem", but the lack of feedback made me reluctant. Now I hear of another dubber down here in Texas who's getting the same runaround that Flip got! I came here to see if there was any feed back yet and see this! Flip's story is almost exactly the same as the one I heard. Same excuses, same delays, same clown not doing what he says...Thanks Everett for the feedback section!!
'61 Panel dove blue"Rche"
'65 Bug rusty"Tina"
'83 Porsche 944
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: