Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A/P wheels back from coaters
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MjrBummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: A/P wheels back from coaters Reply with quote

I got my Appliance Pacer wheels back from the powder coaters the other day. They cleaned up pretty well. Some minor imperfections, but they're going on my 61 Baja, so it's not that critical. The fronts are 14"x6" with 27x8.5R14 General Grabber AT2's going on them. The rears are 8"x15" with 255/70R15 General Grabber AT2's going on them. Was thinking of giving them a 1/4" rd pinstripe to match the bug too.

Still have to get the new front bumper, nerf bars, and baja mirror mounts painted and put on too.

Before:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

After:

Replacing these wheels:
mtnroads
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: A/P wheels back from coaters Reply with quote

I have always loved that style of wheel ! looks great, red stripe would be cool too. what color Argent silver?
MjrBummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A/P wheels back from coaters Reply with quote

Not sure what shade of silver it was called. I looked through there color samples and that one popped out at me.

I have the tires ordered. Now it's just hurry up and wait until I get back home this weekend. I've been on the road for more than 7 months working, so it's getting kind of old only being home on the weekends and trying to get something accomplished.

I post pick after they get mounted.

Bill
MjrBummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A/P wheels back from coaters Reply with quote

I finally got my wheels and tires mounted. I got a "Stripe It All" kit and put 1/4" Red stripes on the wheels to match the bug. That tool made putting on the stripes quick and easy.

Now to get the nerf bars and mirror mounts on. Amongst other things. Slow progress.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: