Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Welding ground question
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkster75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Welding ground question Reply with quote

Besides a clean connection, or best you can do, is there a good spot on the car to connect the ground to, or do you always want to be as close to the weld as possible. And, if you are just doing a part not on the car, is a steel table the way to go?.. Thx in advance.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding ground question Reply with quote

Close to the weld is best. Steel tables are good
Danpa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Welding ground question Reply with quote

If you don't have a steel table, get a couple of alligator clips and a section of wire and use this to make a good ground connection between the two pieces till they are electrically connected by the weld.

Dan
planenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding ground question Reply with quote

While I'm doing welding, I have a stud with a shoulder that I screw into a fender nut. Clean the metal, and use a longer bolt and nut, even. Just something to tighten against the metal, and long enough for your ground.
fabricator john
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding ground question Reply with quote

i always liked the jacking point on a vw give it a lil wizz to make a clean spot , n go to town , ,,,,,,,,,,,,, fabricator john
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding ground question Reply with quote

I sometimes clamp a pair of Vise-Grips on to the part I am working on and connect the ground clamp to the Vise-Grips.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: