Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grafting a 3-fold rag top - OG roof clip vs Aftermarket
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PASHN8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir - That car is stunning!

Henry - Who's avatar?

1957 11-Window Split Bus
1954 3-fold Sunroof Oval Beetle

*** Looking for '56 Porsche T1 356A 1300 engine no. 22373 ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
contactmurphy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Will a 3 fold Ragtop fit in a 2 fold clip Reply with quote

I have just purchased a 2 fold roof clip of an Oval and was wondering if anyone knows if a 3 fold ragtop fits in the same hole ?
54bugn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 fold hole and rag are larger than 2 fold.

54 European Sedan deluxe
Build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=414940
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rlmartinez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Grafting a 3-fold rag top - OG roof clip vs Aftermarket Reply with quote

I am thinking of adding a sunroof to my 54. Did you complete the installation? if so are you happy with it?
Louis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Grafting a 3-fold rag top - OG roof clip vs Aftermarket Reply with quote

i never got why people are tripping about grafting a 3 fold on a pre 55 car. who cares. a sun roof is awesome, its your car so do what you please screw the purist trippers...

you know the "purist" change their floor pan for repop, they add accessories on their dash and so on.. adding a sunroof is kinda like an accessory, just a bit harder to do but still, its only an accessory. i have an original 3 fold, i got lucky but if youre going to keep the car forever and youre making your dream car do what you wish. its cheaper to graph than buying an original 3 fold right now. its not like youre chopping the roof and adding a fiberglass split window kit.
you are putting a period correct item that will make the car way sicker!
I WOULD! as long as you tell the next buyer that its a grafted roof and stay honest.

my buddy just finished his zwitter, grafted the 3 fold perfectly and the car look way better with the sunroof and i dont think it affects the value. not every one is anal like that. i would any day buy a well made graft over a non sunroof if i had the choice. riding with the roof open in a bug is BAD ASS!!! look at this car, cant tell me its not awesome right? Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: