Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Opinion needed
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which hatchback should I send out for paint?
West Coast Cali one with light rust.
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Existing hatch with dent and bad aluminum trim
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Opinion needed Reply with quote

I found a rear hatch on the west coast whike visiting a friend. Since I'm getting the car ready to paint. I'm trying to decide which hatch to use. The Cali version:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm guessing it will be around $200 to ship it to me on the East coast.

OR

Use my existing hatch that has mangled aluminum window trim and a dent in an awkward place:

Looking for some bodywork opinions. The hatch from the West coast has light surface rust, but clearly does not need too much body work/prep like the existing one.

Thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Opinion needed Reply with quote

The lightly rusted one. That rust is nothing with a complete strip. Pull out the glass, panel and all hardware and strip it. Save the dented one. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Opinion needed Reply with quote

I may have a NOS one interested? I live in Minnesota.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: