Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Favorite album of the day
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 189, 190, 191  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:
one of many great, maybe greatest live bands, let alone studio albums!!

Link

Great group of guys and damn fine musicians. Met them when i worked at a club in Detroit and they have become good friends over the years.

Currently on the music player

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gingergypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

You know, despite being an Old Punk Rock Guy and often favoring music that sounds like a roll of cyclone fencing being towed behind a Top Fuel dragster, it is truly impossible to overstate just how utterly fantastic this record is.

Pet Sounds is 50 this year.
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:

You know, despite being an Old Punk Rock Guy and often favoring music that sounds like a roll of cyclone fencing being towed behind a Top Fuel dragster, it is truly impossible to overstate just how utterly fantastic this record is.

Pet Sounds is 50 this year.

Pet Sounds is fantastic and holds up well after 50 years.

So you are saying you like this

and this...

and...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Rocking to this classic today:

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:

So you are saying you like this

Yep! This too. I'm so old I actually managed to see these guys in '82 or '83, I forget which. Hoo, boy! What fun!
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

^^^^^
Hell yeah, B-day Party...had no idea anyone on here listened to them. They are in that Cramps, The Honeymoon Killers genre for me.

If you like crunchy, I suggest The Horrors, the 3 guys from Iowa, not that shit band from UK. Self-titled first album in 2000 is bad ass. Probably one of the top 10 albums I know of.

Back in the Cut:

Link

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

A little Damned today for the TS audit...
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Monster Magnet " Tab 25", handle it or loose it trying
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Over 35 years old and still sounds like it was recorded last night, full of Leinenkugel and white cross, piss, vinegar and slapstick:

Link

Having been in bands while living in Minneapolis, one in particular with a fellow whose galfriend at the time was Paul Westerburg's sister Mary, I've got a few stories about these guys, but then anyone who was around at the time does also, pretty much always involving chaos and mayhem.

Its followup, 1/2 the size but nevertheless chock full o' big, jagged and hilarious chunks of high-velocity adolescent malice aimed straight at your face:

Link

Don't listen to these while out in the garage; you'll just break and/or cross-thread everything.

Records like these are time machines in that they make one feel 17 years old. If you haven't heard these before, I'm actually kind of envious.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Not really an album but, i heard today of Prophets of Rage, and figured i'd give it a try. Its basically Cypress hill singer, Rage Against the Machine's musician and i believe public enemy's singer.

It's um...

weird? I like both Rage and Cypress Hill, but its so weird to hear Rage's song with B Real singing....
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
Not really an album but, i heard today of Prophets of Rage, and figured i'd give it a try. Its basically Cypress hill singer, Rage Against the Machine's musician and i believe public enemy's singer.

It's um...

weird? I like both Rage and Cypress Hill, but its so weird to hear Rage's song with B Real singing....

I read about that project in Rolling Stone. Looking forward to checking it out.
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Been listening to Sia the past few days...

after watching that video ;

Link

She's weird and has a very odd voice... love it.
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

i had forgoten about these guys, found an old album the other day, great band!

Link

george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

' Nuf said.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:
i had forgoten about these guys, found an old album the other day, great band!

Link

Really diggin' this. thanks for posting it. I can't believe I have not heard them before.
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

The Sisterhood - Gift album

Link

Link
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

diggin on this album today!

Link

george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

Mark Twain
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 189, 190, 191  Next
Jump to:
Page 137 of 191

Jump to: