Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Remember when?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
This happens and I used to think anyone who looked normal must be a BS scammer until I found out there are a lot of people that look normal that have issues walking longer distances.

So I no longer judge someone in those spots by the way they look.

"Reserved for Military" though...
Why? I don't see any reason for that if your only thing is that you are in the military.

Exactly on the disabled parking... not all disabled are in wheelchair. As long as they have the required tag, you should just accept the fact that they are disabled.

Agree on the military. But on another hand, i'm canadian, so we are not glorifying our military like USA does....

In the end, if you're in good health, nor old, nor pregnant, and have no kids you're worried will get hit in the parking lot, just park further. That extra 30 seconds walking will help those who need the special parking spot.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

For the record, there's a rule in my car ;

If anybody complain i'm parked too far from the door, i make sure to park the furthest i can.

All of a sudden, nobody complains anymore about missing that one parking spot closer to the door.

While we're on the subject of parking.. WTH is up with people who will wait 2-3 minutes for people to leave to take their spot? seriously? Unless the parking is PACKED, just fucking park a bit farther from the door...

When i see those waiting on me, i usually take my time to strap each of my girls, change music, make sure everyone is ok, change the air temperature, check my bill, until that guy waiting on me just piss off..
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

I hardly think that a few reserved spots for our veterans is "glorifying" our military. For what they do for us, (Canada included, because whether you admit it or not, being on our border has certainly afforded some protection.) the occasional perk is the least we can do, when we should be doing more for them. Remember when our military was respected?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

BTW, an early happy Independence Day to those of you in Canada.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
For the record, there's a rule in my car ;

If anybody complain i'm parked too far from the door, i make sure to park the furthest i can.

All of a sudden, nobody complains anymore about missing that one parking spot closer to the door.

Perfect! I will be using this as soon as possible.

I park far away from the door, I like the exercise. I don't give a shit what spots are reserved for who. I generally don't park anywhere near them, nor pay attention to them.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
It literally burns me..

Figuratively, I'm sure.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Haven't seen a military spot here in the great white north yet, but I stay far away from the handicap or kiddie spots. Too much risk of a ding from a cripple throwing the door open to wriggle thier 400lb ass out of thier car and then doubling up by scratching the bus with thier walker or power chair, and some are too old to be driving so they park using the braille method. And an SUV full of diaper demons is just as risky, no thanks, I'll walk a little extra.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Haven't seen a military spot here in the great white north yet, but I stay far away from the handicap or kiddie spots. Too much risk of a ding from a cripple throwing the door open to wriggle thier 400lb ass out of thier car and then doubling up by scratching the bus with thier walker or power chair, and some are too old to be driving so they park using the braille method. And an SUV full of diaper demons is just as risky, no thanks, I'll walk a little extra.

Omg... this post made me laugh out loud..! Very Happy

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Went to Baldwin park Kaiser the other day with the expecting Mrs. Nope. Did not park in stork parking. Went to the top, in the sun with the rest of society.
Still almost got backed into by some "undocumented alien". Then saw a fat broad back into the car behind her. I can only imagine the insurance money we can save by making sure all drivers are documented and insured.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
the expecting Mrs. Nope.

I'm sure you didn't intend it this way, but that's funny.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

EverettB wrote:
Why? I don't see any reason for that if your only thing is that you are in the military.

Wow... .. ^.. I'd take a shot you have no respect for the military ??

I didn't say that. Rolling Eyes
I asked Why? What's the reason for it?
I don't see a reason to single them out more than anyone else.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
It literally burns me..

Figuratively, I'm sure.

Of course... Not literally burning .....Well....except for those hot and humid days when the chafing and chapping is unbearable... Laughing
Lubing up early helps that though....

EverettB wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

EverettB wrote:

Wow... .. ^.. I'd take a shot you have no respect for the military ??

I didn't say that. Rolling Eyes
I asked Why? What's the reason for it?
I don't see a reason to single them out more than anyone else.

I must have misunderstood.. (or read selectively as some have mentioned)

When EverettB edits.. it's magical. = Perks of the job.. . Laughing
Thanks for the clarification

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

last time i checked, being in the military is not a physical condition, unlike pregnant or disabled.

Of course, if the person is actually disabled too, well, there's spot for that.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Nothing's changed here same bitterness about what other people are doing, real or imagined. Mind your own fucking business quit judging other people you see in a parking lot or how they park their vehicle, whether or not they are disabled. Jeezus get a life.

Signed, A. Veteran USN Machinist Mate 3rd class.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
last time i checked, being in the military is not a physical condition.

PTSD is not a real condition? I know a couple battle hardened Marines that would disagree.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
last time i checked, being in the military is not a physical condition.

PTSD is not a real condition? I know a couple battle hardened Marines that would disagree.
fun that you remove the second part of my post.... which talk about that exactly.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
last time i checked, being in the military is not a physical condition, unlike pregnant or disabled.

Here it is. Disabled means a lot of things.
Didn't mean to cut you short. PTSD is not the same as a 400 pound broad who can't control her carb intake.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

i never went to check what is accepted to get a disabled parking sticker, so i'm not sure being fat count.

unless i guess its morbid fat.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
Enkiel wrote:

Here it is. Disabled means a lot of things.
Didn't mean to cut you short. PTSD is not the same as a 400 pound broad who can't control her carb intake.

Broken accelerator cable perhaps?

Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember when? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
just added 4 spaces "reserved for military" spaces

Those I do appreciate..... and respect. Applause . ..but are unfortunately are found few and far between..

but ....Prego spots... :fist: ..

If I'm driving my beater truck... .. I'll park in those "Stork" spots .. if they are open... Rolling Eyes

You're one of the reason society has problem... selfish people.

My wife was pregnant three times, and we used those spot every time it was possible when she was in the 25th+ weeks.

It was safer (she walked like a very slow weird crab), and saved her a little energy to manage to get the grocery done.

It's like the jerks who park in the handicapped spots because they borrowed granny's car and they hop out and about. I've seen it countless times and I've never seen anyone get popped for it.

This happens and I used to think anyone who looked normal must be a BS scammer until I found out there are a lot of people that look normal that have issues walking longer distances.

So I no longer judge someone in those spots by the way they look.

Let me clarify my comment. These people are always 20 somethings and they literally are bounding out of their vehicles and rushing into the store. Trust me, I will always give anyone with a legitimate disability every benefit of a doubt but c'mon, you all have seen these clowns gaming these parking spots who are no way in hell even remotely handicapped. That just pisses me off because they are taking advantage of the folks that really need those spots. Sorry, off the soapbox now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Jump to:
Page 36 of 43

Jump to: