Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Since I have Bosch plug wires and cap and rotor ?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
blues90
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Since I have Bosch plug wires and cap and rotor ? Reply with quote

I was curious . I replaced my plugs in 2009 , they were a set I had left over from 97 or98 . I think the plugs said W8AC yet I don't recall really checking .

I know the newer ones are WR8AC so they may have a 5 k ohm resister . The coil wire is carbon core and the rotor is 5k ohm stock and the plug wires are copper core with a 1K ohm plug end.

If for some odd reason the plugs I install were the resister type what effect would this have adding more resistance like 5k ohms .

I was going to pull one to see what I have yet I don't care to not have a new crush sealing washer on the plug. I know my old coil wire was much higher than the old one and it made no difference.

I can't really find any info on this. Next set will be NKG none resister.
Donnie strickland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Since I have Bosch plug wires and cap and rotor ? Reply with quote

No change that I can see. My car has the WR8AC's and runs perfectly.
blues90
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Since I have Bosch plug wires and cap and rotor ? Reply with quote

Donnie strickland wrote:
No change that I can see. My car has the WR8AC's and runs perfectly.

Thanks , one small thing I can rule out .
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Since I have Bosch plug wires and cap and rotor ? Reply with quote

There might be a slight current drop through the wires, but I wouldn't worry about it unless your coil was on its last legs. People have been mixing and matching resistor wires and sparkplugs without any idea what they were doing for years.
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: