Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AAA vs Yelp
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

Agreed, got it for my new driver son, it's worth every penny not to have to hook up the trailer and go fetch him at 11:00 at night when his aging Honda mysteriously quits on the way home from work.
And as Ray says the car club calls usually get a better response from the tow companies than a cols call from the road since they like the juicy contracts. Only used the tow once so far, but they were there in 15 minutes and the driver was very professional and nice.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
richardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

FYI: you can still call AAA even if you are not a member, they will dispatch same contractors, normally at discounted rate. I was a contractor for 20 yrs with them in NJ.
Rich. (I have the Premier ,can't beat it for the $$$)
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

I've been an AAA member for 34 years. Between the towing services (important when you have 2 cars a combined 108 years old), discounts, and handling all non driver license related vehicle transactions like registrations, title transfers, etc. I would never think of not having the service and related peace of mind. Worth every dime as far as I'm concerned.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

AAA handles car registrations?

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:

They help with all sorts of DMV stuff.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:

When I lived in CA you could go there to do a lot of the simple DMV stuff.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
EZ Gruv wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:

A lot of the AAA offices are exactly what used to be dmv offices! Literally the same exact building! Much more friendly staff though, and yes, they do almost all of what you'd need from the dmv. Matter'O'factly, recently I went in to replace the sun baked and faded license plate of the Plump Truck. Was in and out of there within 10 minutes! Razz

They also have free notary public services. Cool
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

I don't think NJ allows AAA to process driver's licenses or vehicle registrations. The NJ AAA website makes no mention of that.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
EZ Gruv wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:

Not all locations, and there is a small service fee. We've used AAA at Greenway and 51 for these at least twice. Not only closer than MVD, once at MVD I had to wait a full hour for a new photo to be added to my driver license...like they have their lunch break at times when their potential users also had their lunch breaks....and being state employees they have no real incentive to be efficient.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
EZ Gruv wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:

In CA they will handle everything except issuing or renewing driver licenses. Their computers are synched with the DMV system (and are probably a lot better). If I have to do anything automotive documentation wise in person other than license renewal I go to AAA.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:

As well as passports and all sorts of stuff.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

richardc wrote:
FYI: you can still call AAA even if you are not a member, they will dispatch same contractors, normally at discounted rate. I was a contractor for 20 yrs with them in NJ.
Rich. (I have the Premier ,can't beat it for the $$$)

I must research this. This would solve all my problems, and save me many dollars.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AAA vs Yelp Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
EverettB wrote:
EZ Gruv wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:

In CA they will handle everything except issuing or renewing driver licenses. Their computers are synched with the DMV system (and are probably a lot better). If I have to do anything automotive documentation wise in person other than license renewal I go to AAA.

This is one of the best things about AAA. The last 3 cars I've bought I've done without stepping foot in a DMV. I love AAA and can't imagine why anyone wouldn't use them. It pays for itself the first time you use it. Not including the discounts you can get from tons of places.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: