Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Camp Stove - need parts
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjanderle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

My brother-in-law gave me a cool vintage camp stove, but it's missing the hose and regulator. Originally it was sold by Sears, but they no longer stock the parts. Does anyone know if an aftermarket hose will work?

This isn't my stove, but it is the make and model :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,
MJA
2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
1987 VW Vanagon Wolfsberg Edition, Westfalia Weekender

Gone but not forgotten, 1976 Toyota Land Crusier FJ40

Déjà-nesia - Having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this s@*t before.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

Many of Sears' camp stoves were relabeled Bernzomatic. There is also a Vintage Coleman site, the link for which I cannot remember, that might help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

wally world and many other places have that brand including kmart. that looks to be a std hose for the small bottle. lkast tyme I was at kmart they had that stove on sail for about $20. marked down from 39. that hose in there is the hose !!! it dosent use a big bottle!!( unless you get the addaptor to do so.)
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
There is also a Vintage Coleman site, the link for which I cannot remember, that might help.

Here is the link, but they are closed through July 1st.

http://www.oldcolemanparts.com/shop_closed.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

thats not a colman
intertribal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

I'm in the same position. Old camp stove and no hose assembly. The propane gas connection on mine looks exactly the same, however, the Coleman replacement regulator that comes up on Google and the Stansport hose assembly do not fit. I've spent the last month scanning eBay, Craigslist, and letgo for old stoves that I could cannibalize with no luck ... well, no luck finding one with a price I could live with.

I can't even find a similar gas fitting as the one in your picture where I could try and make my own. Needless to say I'm a bit discouraged at this point, as I don't want to buy a new stove since the construction doesn't seem as solid as these old ones. Not sure if you've had luck on your side, but let me know if you have come across any solutions.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Stove - need parts Reply with quote

This maybe a long shot- but perhaps a local shop that produces and sells custom gas (propane, natural gas, etc) lines could help? We have a couple shops we use where I work that have drawers of brass fittings, terminations and lines to fix anything to handles fuel.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: