Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help! Water pump failure! Disregard...all good now...:)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjrogers86auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Help! Water pump failure! Disregard...all good now...:) Reply with quote

Sometimes you get lucky in your unluckiness.

On a short road trip to New Brunswick last week with my oldest daughter when I heard a rattle and pulled into a beach side parking lot. It didn't take me long to figure out the water pump was toast...pulleys aren't supposed to wiggle like that.

Phone calls were placed and CAA was on route. The closest shop was about 30 minutes away(by flatbed) Foreign Car Service just outside Dieppe. Larry(shop owner) had the pump ordered and on the way but had no space inside or time. He was cool with me working on it in the yard so I got started. By 9:30 pm the van was running and back on the road.

We have been on the road for over 67000 kms in the past 8 years and have been in some pretty remote places. The thought has often passed through my mind as to how I'd describe to CAA exactly where we were...

In this case it all worked out really well and a shout out to Larry and his Dad for the hospitality!

Foreign Car Service
2525 Route 132, Greater Lakeburn, NB E1H 1Z6

Brian

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day. Calvin and Hobbes.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Water pump failure! Disregard...all good now...:) Reply with quote

Excellent. Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: