Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

28 PCI Carb with Judson
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

What nozzel size do you use in your carb with judson?

I think i have to test some other sizes?
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Schnage wrote:
What nozzel size do you use in your carb with judson?

I think i have to test some other sizes?

No one no idea?

Hmm, so try and error maybe a choice....Wink
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

If you mean jet sizes, Judson suggested 122.5 mains and 140 air correction but nowadays most go with a 130 main with the 140 air correction.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Thx John, i will try, i have orderd some jets to try some different cominations...
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

So now i try a 130 main, and a 135 air correction jet, maybe it runs better....but the trouble with starting hot will this setup not fix i think.....
I am waiting for the pertronix maybe that will help al little bit...

Markus
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Always the same, 20 kilometer autobahn, and engine wont go further, when i stopped the engine starts first after 1 hour........
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Would maybe a spacer under the carb helps? I thinking abaut a electric fan to blow fresh air to the judson and the carb .... Dont know.... Sad
busbusbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

is there a good spark?
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Today i removed the Judson Magneto and use a Flamethrower, it runs better, but when hot it wont start as before. Sometimes when run on autobahn it want take gas and wont idle up. There are some "explosions" from exhaust....
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Pull some plugs and see if they are white (bad = very lean) or worse covered with tiny specs of aluminum (very bad, that's bits of molten Aluminum = detonation from too much advance and too lean a mix trying to burn a hole in the pistons). The only way to tune a super charged motor without a dyno is to mount a pyrometer probe near the exhaust port and adjust till exhaust doesn't exceed 900 F under WOT. Aluminum starts going away at 1300 F.
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

It was a problem wit the ignition, the cap from distributor was worn, curious that i didn't seen it before..... I installed a pertronix ignitor, a new coil, cap and rotor, now i have no problem....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Look at the thin black line....there goes the power that is missing on the plug...
Telephunken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

I was having a similar issue when I upgraded my carb from the 28PCI to a 32PCI. This was recommended to me to let the supercharger "breathe" better. Im running a Speedwell Pepco SC. It was popping and flaming out the carb, and ran like crap. was running way too lean. I had to switch up the jets, the air correction most importantly. I think its a 140 now. Then I upgraded my pilot to a 55 from a 40 which really helped on the bottom end RPM's, then last using a 125 Main jet. Now after a couple weeks of good running now im dealing with a new issue. loss of fuel pressure I think.... UGH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Gaudet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 PCI Carb with Judson Reply with quote

Quick question. Do most of you keep the manual choke hooked up with a Judson install or is there too much in the way to make it work?

1950 Beetle Standard
1955 Canadian Custom
1956 Kombi w/SO23 kit
1965 Kombi walkthrough
1965 Double Cab
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: