Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU do to your van today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 426, 427, 428 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
jacob.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Michael4104 wrote:
Who manufactures your new round headlights Jacob?

Those are OrganicMechanic's. I was quoting his post with those pictures.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished my aux battery installation, ACR and fuse panel installation, with the right inline fuses and everything.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It all seems to work. Now that I have that all tidied up, it looks like the charging voltage is too low (one of the things this was all supposed to address). So adjustable regulator might be in order. Both batteries are showing 13.6v, just as they were before I began this project.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Noblecr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Was busy...modified the rear bench by adding 2 doors for access. New carpet, recaro seats..luv them!!

Also did some wire work..added a 12volt plug and a solar hook up in place of the city water hook up. Replaced the floor with a new laminate too.

Putting on new GW bumpers tomorrow...am excited!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Noblecr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

My new seats, and new floor Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nemobuscaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Noblecr wrote:

What kind of power port is that? The one with he connectors for the four wires?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FullMoonBusClub

RIP Bob Hoover https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427791
Hoover Sermons: https://www.vwsage.com/images/vwsage/Bob%20Hoovers%20Sermons.pdf
Noblecr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Its an Anderson Powerpole connector...got it from Powerwerx on the recommendation from Jay. I only have the bottom connectors hooked up, and they go directly to my house battery set up. I use it to plu in my GoPower solar panel. Works great so far.
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

jacob. wrote:
Michael4104 wrote:
Who manufactures your new round headlights Jacob?

Those are OrganicMechanic's. I was quoting his post with those pictures.

Oops
OrganMechanic's would you tell us the manufacture of your headlights?
OrganicMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

oh hey,

I did source those from Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/282037026308) I have been trying for the past few years to try to get decent light output from the square lights, never was happy. Found a set of round seal beams in the recycler yard, and went ahead and ordered these lights. They fit into the housings with no issues at all, easy to install...

The light output is incredible. I am rather happy with the money spent.

click here to check out Bus Luv

for the love of all rear engine VW busses...bagged to beat, rusted to restored, we luv them all...

tell your friends and share the luv...
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished my TF49 installation — for now. Not especially pleased with the fit and the empty lower part of the panel that the Dometic filled looks a bit amateur hour. The fridge stands a little proud of the opening and I'm not sure why. I thought it was supposed to fit flush but maybe the city water fitting is the problem. I thought that was only removed if you wanted to reuse the Dometic door.

But the fridge works and that was the objective. If I can fab a new panel to replace the OG one sometime, that would be best. How hard can it be to cut a rectangle with a rectangular opening? I would also paint the hardware like LemonCove did on his first-class installation.

The only reason secret/TIL to pass along is the height of the rails/shelves to hold the fridge up. I found that 4 5/8" worked for me. Could be lower but no higher if you use the OG panel.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

OrganicMechanic wrote:
oh hey,

I did source those from Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/282037026308) I have been trying for the past few years to try to get decent light output from the square lights, never was happy. Found a set of round seal beams in the recycler yard, and went ahead and ordered these lights. They fit into the housings with no issues at all, easy to install...

The light output is incredible. I am rather happy with the money spent.

Thanks for the link.👍
Colebeal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Installed a post 85' Gauge Cluster, but the damn water temp sensor must be out... so gonna have to do the next. Rolling Eyes

To do this week:
-replace fuel filter, possibly spark plugs (van is running super rich, and idling way too low)
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished my tow bar project.

jacob.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Engine out. Ready for the subi.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Made a foamcore backing plate for the now-decommissioned stove flue vent.

Rolled over to the carwash emporium and gave the big girl a long-overdue bath, since it was safe to do so, and vacuumed the debris out of the carpet and kitchen.

Roof not quite clean enough to paint (going to do the upper surface in white to lower the heat) but clean enough to finish without a pressure washer when I get to it in the next week or so.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Power outlet now functional, full time (not-ignition-switched). GoWesty non-illuminated replacement. Oh, the power! Wonder if anyone wants the original stuff.. I mostly kept it intact.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Drove Flossie to work today, stopped by the local gravel quarry and scaled her.
She weighed in at #4100 with 1/4 tank of gasoline and me in the driver's seat. The target towing vehicle weighed in at #4180. I guess that means I barely qualify the conditions: Towing vehicle must weigh more than the towed vehicle AND the towed vehicle must not exceed #5000. Good to Go (mostly) !!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finally got the zipper to budge on the rear mattress pad. Had an unfortunate event in February where I had taken my electronic keyboard on a trip, putting it behind the back seat. The rubber feet, well, I guess the remnants of the adhesive that once held on the feet, had become viscous and disgusting, and adhered to my rear pad cover. It is clear that the keyboard shifted a little bit in transport, since both areas show two dabs. The zipper was a complete bastard to get loose, but I persisted. With the help of hemostats and candle wax, I got it off. These shots are AFTER I worked Dawn detergent into the spots with a stiff brush and ran though a machine was cycle. Seems like I will need a more serious adhesive remover Crying or Very sad

Looking for adhesive remover suggestions.

Two areas:

Closeup of the worse one:

dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Maybe Goof Off or similar....

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
atmvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I finally found out what was causing the red light to flash on my vans dash and causing the engine to idle way high. My Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor is not connected and possibly bad. It has no connector, just a wire. The problem is I can't seem to find A) where/what it connects to, and B) how to get a new one. I've been searching for about an hour and as far as I can tell, part #113919101 is no longer made and no replacement is available. Anyone out there have any info on this? So close to getting Snow back on the road and would love to fix this in the process.
Thanks.
OrganicMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Finally got the zipper to budge on the rear mattress pad. Had an unfortunate event in February where I had taken my electronic keyboard on a trip, putting it behind the back seat. The rubber feet, well, I guess the remnants of the adhesive that once held on the feet, had become viscous and disgusting, and adhered to my rear pad cover. It is clear that the keyboard shifted a little bit in transport, since both areas show two dabs. The zipper was a complete bastard to get loose, but I persisted. With the help of hemostats and candle wax, I got it off. These shots are AFTER I worked Dawn detergent into the spots with a stiff brush and ran though a machine was cycle. Seems like I will need a more serious adhesive remover Crying or Very sad

Looking for adhesive remover suggestions.

Two areas:

Closeup of the worse one:

Goof Off does great things.

click here to check out Bus Luv

for the love of all rear engine VW busses...bagged to beat, rusted to restored, we luv them all...

tell your friends and share the luv...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 426, 427, 428 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Page 427 of 630

Jump to: