Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn Signal Switch Help
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve2150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Turn Signal Switch Help Reply with quote

On my 1972 standard Beetle the turn signal switch broke, got replacement but it had 9 wires while my original had 6 wires, any help of what goes where would be of help, thanks.
boater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch Help Reply with quote

You don't need the three wires in question. Instructions should tell you the ones are not needed, just cut and tape .
Steve2150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch Help Reply with quote

boater wrote:
You don't need the three wires in question. Instructions should tell you the ones are not needed, just cut and tape .

Did not come with any instructions
zoobyshoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch Help Reply with quote

I just replaced the turn signal switch on my '72 a couple months ago. I noticed how someone had cut some of the connectors on the old switch. I had no idea why, so I connected everything that was there on the new switch. There have been no problems with it, so, I would say that, even if you don't need some of the connections, it doesn't seem that you need to make sure they're not connected, either.
runamoc Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch Help Reply with quote

My old one wouldn't stay 'lit' on the righthand turn. Had to hold the stalk a little off of the stop. Notice the new one I bought had 6 wires and that on the right side a contact was further over. I spliced the pairs together. Works great and all fit back into the housing.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VW Wiring = It's just wires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: