Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plastic bush at bottom of steering column
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebug1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Plastic bush at bottom of steering column Reply with quote

I'm having difficulty finding this plastic bush that fits around the bearing at the bottom of the steering column. All the second hand ones I have come across are incredibly brittle and break when putting them back in. It's not obviously available on any of the major parts suppliers either. Hopefully the photo of my damaged one makes it clear which part I'm looking for for my 1302. Anybody got any ideas?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
green1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Plastic bush at bottom of steering column Reply with quote

You have a needle bearing, 113415511, which is no longer available new, and a rubber grommet, 113415607B. Here is a Topline substitute for the needle bearing and an Airhead/Ventura reproduction of the grommet.

http://toplineparts.com/usa/lower-steering-bushing-71-74.html

http://www.airheadparts.com/Grommet-Steering-Column-Base/item/113-415-607%20B

A Google search of the needle bearing turns up a Porsche part, but I don't know if it would fit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: