Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

914 EA Engine number
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
InDaWeeds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: 914 EA Engine number Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me what VIN number cars would have had an engine with number EA023811 ?
I am struggling to find a site that can tell me.
Thanks
Mike.

Rollerz Convention!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 914 EA Engine number Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/engine_letters.php

Looks like
EA 1972-1973 1700cc

Also VW Type 4
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
InDaWeeds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: 914 EA Engine number Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Would there be a difference between the Porsche EA engine and the type 4 EA engine? ... how could I identify?

Rollerz Convention!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: 914 EA Engine number Reply with quote

InDaWeeds wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Would there be a difference between the Porsche EA engine and the type 4 EA engine? ... how could I identify?

No......not internally.

The 1.7L came from the VW 411.....and went into the 914....across the board with no changes except those required to install it in the 914.

The compressiion, stroke, pistons, valves, camshaft profile, ignition curve, inection system with ECU and matching MPS and power output were identical in the type 4 cars and the 914.

My 412 has an EA engine, 82hp.

The differences are the sheet metal and heat exchangers and minor differences to the cooling shroud equired to go from rear engine to mid engine.

The 1.8L was the same way. It was put into the 1974 412 and 914....using same engine case, cam, valves, injecti ok n system, ignition and power output. There was a carbed euro version of the 1.8 in the 412 that had higher output and I belive the 914 got that same package with 1.8 in europe but don't quote me on that I have to look it up. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: