Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
A source for 10" spare rim 10" x 3.5" 4 on 100mm bolt pattern.
They have tire/wheel combos too

Thanks for the tip, sourcing 10" tires for my rims is turning out to be a lot more difficult than I thought.

I've read Austin Mini tires will work with original puck rims as well.

Yes. I got my tires from MiniMania.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
holg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

boots1234 wrote:
2 questions

Any creative ideas to hang license plate on puck. I'm restoring don't want to put to many holes in the aluminum. Added points for pictures

The aluminum trim is dirty and dingy. What did you clean it with to make it look new? Get it anodized, polish it or did you buy new? If new where eribasar?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just sticked mine on using 3M adhesive tape from the DIY.. Sticky like hell and no holes necessary.

Cheers,

holg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
Daddybus wrote:

Thanks for the tip, sourcing 10" tires for my rims is turning out to be a lot more difficult than I thought.

Minis have a funky r x 101.6 bolt pattern and they have smaller dieter studs 10mm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I installed a fuse lock in my Eriba Puck.
Purple wire is tow vehicle 12v power and it goes to the left lug on the 3 way switch. The center lug on the 3 way switch is the load ( blue for front interior light & yellow for rear interior light). Right 3 way switch lug is for the trailer battery. I also hooked up two 12v power outlets under the Puck for exterior 12 power needs and to hook up my 120w solar panel. Future plans are for an efficient 12v trucker fridge & 12v exhaust fan on the open circuit of the fuse block.

Red from the trailer is GROUND, which is connected to two black return wires from the interior lights. I plan to splice in 12v cell phone charging stations--one to each interior light.

The metal thing wrapped in plastic is another future project, a 110v to 12v battery charger.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

LP tank clamp

Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Rear interior light with LED 12v and LED 110v bulbs.
12v charging outlet with 2 USB ports added behind the light.

Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
68Bug-lite wrote:
Daddybus wrote:

Minis have a funky r x 101.6 bolt pattern and they have smaller dieter studs 10mm

I ran golf cart tires on my Austin Mini panel.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boots1234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

putting my puck back together is there a gasket or moulding that is affixed to the bottom interior side of the door (mine pictured below). Looks like I need to put one there to keep the bugs out and seal up the door. anybody have a photo of theirs they care to share? Mine is a '69

68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: First time pulling an Eriba with a classic beetle report Reply with quote

I've never before considered pulling our Eriba with my 68 beetle; just didn't seem practical to risk my daily driver over it.

In past Trailer rallies or camping excursions, we've used my wife's GMC Terrain, it was like the trailer wasn't even there. Here we are on a shooting trip in the Mojave...

Well after seeing many photos, (mainly from Europe) of Beetles, fiats, Citroens, early Mini Coopers pulling Eriba trailers, the "I just gots to know" factor was bugging me.

So I thought that this years vintage trailer rally I'd give the classic combo of Beetle/Eriba Puck a shot. You only live once I guess.

So I installed a Curt beetle hitch; which bolts to the underside of the bumper and runs under the motor to clamp onto the tranny frame horns, ( it had to be altered to go around my aftermarket extra capacity oil sump).

Worked out the wiring for the lights from under the back seat tying into the battery and tapping into the rear wiring loom that passes by there with a converter box from E-Trailer.com.. Ran the four way trailer plug out to the back bumper and hitched up the Puck.

Ready for the first test drive...

I admit that my motor is not stock, but nothing crazy either. 1776 with dual Kads, 110 cam, 8.5 to 1 compression. stock tranny with a stage 1 kennedy pressure plate.

First impression...
When pulling out you definitely know it's there, but certainly doable. braking certainly took longer to stop so give yourself some room. I've installed front disks up front years ago and cant imagine stopping safely with only stock drums all the way around.

Acceleration was a tad slow but the Beetle seemed totally up to the challenge so I went on a freeway test speed run. Found a downward on-ramp and was up to 55 mph no problem. The Eriba tracked beautifully. I pulled off about a mile down the road and headed on back, didn't want to push it.

Surprisingly the back of my bug only dropped about an inch from the weight of the trailer tongue. Maybe my Camber Compensator, (axle strap style) helped with the negative camber?

I felt really good that I might actually pull this thing off; 'Damn, I'm actually moving and pulling a trailer'! Very Happy

The real test will be the rally about an hour and a half away, at speed with wife, Puck, and about a hundred pounds of "Glamping" crap that apparently,(according to my wife) are must haves. Confused

Considering I have no instrumentation outside of the stock idiot lights, (oil temps - who knows, Head temps - whats that, oil pressure - well the light is off, gotta be good - right?) ; the whole thing smacks of being a fool hardy endeavor doomed to failure and ridicule.

Bottom line is that the Gods must be smiling down on us, we made it with zero issues. The VW felt strong and the Puck pulled great. Quite the site to see, many thumbs up and cars slowing down with cell phones in hand snapping shots, (of course at the time I'm thinking they may be taking our last pics before the impending fireball Very Happy ).

We made it, Golden Village Palm's Vintage trailer rally in Hemet, Ca

The combo was a huge hit with the crowd, strange how almost without fail the wives would make a bee line to check out the trailer while the husbands went straight to the bug to see if it had a hitch.

Would I travel across country like this? No, but if you had the proper instrumentation to keep tabs your engine and not in a hurry, I now know first hand it can be done.

Just thought I'd share.

Peace, Greg
boots1234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Awnings and add a rooms for Pucks. Has anybody used the Bus Deport add a room successfully with their Puck looking for feedback or recommendations for alternatives. Plan on using mine for a trip to the Badlands but want to have more space other than just the Puck.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Pucks had an optional tent that looks like a bay window tent. I just use my bay window tent. I also have an awning (looks like a Sundail awning). The awning isn't Puck-specific, but it works better than the tent and it is easier to transport and set up.
boots1234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info looks like I will be using a gowesty space maker modified to fit the ole Puck. Found one unused and ready for the summer camp season.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

What is the purpose of the elastic cord on the bottom of the table?
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
What is the purpose of the elastic cord on the bottom of the table?

Good question. I have the same thing under my table. Appears to be the same sheathed spring used as the curtain hangers.

My gut tells me it's to hold the table up and out of the way while sleeping, yet I have not found where it's suppose to hook to overhead.

When sleeping, I remove the table altogether. Confused
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Interior Redo #3 Reply with quote

Finished redoing the matresses and back rests on my 1974 Puck. 3rd try was just right...memory foam over 1 1/2" of standard foam on a 3/8 plywood base. 1st attempt was a stop gap measure as I got the puck without the spring bases or back rests. Memory foam alone over 1/8" doorskins base was too low and too flimsy. My 2nd attempt was memory foam over 3" of standard foam on a 3/8" plywood base...too tall.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Redo #3 Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:

Nice work. Looks sharp!

Another thought concerning that table spring thing...

The table bounces around something fierce while towing, maybe it stretches to the floor to hold it down while moving? I never considered looking for an attachment point down below on the floor. I stick a small pillow under the collapsible legs while moving.

Again, nice work on the upholstery.

Greg
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Repaired outlet fitting on original Eriba puck tank...date stamped "Dec 23, 1969"

New tank installed
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Just became an Eriba Puck owner, looking forward to some adventures .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Hi,
I couldn't read the whole topic, only the first and last page Very Happy

I just want to inform you, that Puck #3 was for sale a few months ago. This means the 3rd Puck ever built! It was really "customized" and hacked...
You guys know who has the oldest one here on samba?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Spied this cool set up while attending a Vintage Trailer Rally in Malibu.

The owner's; Linda and (Dave?) were super nice and obviously take great pride in both their bus and Eriba camper.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 86 of 96

Jump to: