Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Subaru dream
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Use stock ECM & modify harness - don't use copper for cooling lines.

http://www.enginewiring.com/services.htm

bnc

But only up to 2002 year engines.
Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Iguana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: the subaru dream Reply with quote

A/C in a Buggy is done as even with the roof etc missing it does wonders to keep you cool on a hot day stuck in traffic and is awesome when it comes to demist.

I have Heat and Air and being desert season it is AWESOME to cruise around in jeans and a t-shirt while others are all rugged up Smile

As for the EZ30 they run just fine on the stock ECU outside of the Subaru. In fact here is one with what is left of the loom running happily and about to go into a Baja Bug, funnily enough it is getting A/C and heat as well.

Link
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: the subaru dream Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=564490&highlight=allison+subaru
Vito85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: the subaru dream Reply with quote

well the car is a complete car (kelmark GT )
so the A/C will be nice ( specially here in TX )

I'm still dreaming / planning

I got this idea...... what if..........

I really would like to make it as mid engine because.....
if I use a complete subaru engine with transmission...... I still can use the same ECU and no changes or alterations ( I hope make sense )

kind of a 818 kit car

something like this
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

using this

so...... will look like this ( but with IRS rear )

now......... if I can use the same IRS arms to hold/set up the subaru front wheels..... which will be my rear wheels......... sounds good

now the issue is....... how to do it ??????
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Subaru dream Reply with quote

Going mid eng and keeping the Suby 5spd will save you on a super beefy VW trans.

As for mating Suby axles to VW suspension, get 930 stubs and have the axles re-splined to 930 CV joints.

Or go BIG! My dad had a baja with a 455 oldsmobile eng in the back. Used a 68Olds Toronado front end and took frame and all into the back of a bug using eng, trans axles and suspension.
Vito85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Subaru dream Reply with quote

a 455 oldsmobile eng in the back. Used a 68Olds Toronado front end and took frame and all into the back of a bug using eng, trans axles and suspension......

I think a turbo subaru 4 cyl will have the same power and is up to date technology and less space too

the issue its just the money to do it ........ lol
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Subaru dream Reply with quote

Vito85 wrote:

I think a turbo subaru 4 cyl will have the same power and is up to date technology and less space too

the issue its just the money to do it ........ lol

Hmmm, 400hp with 500ft lbs of torque? This was also built in the 80's.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: