Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Ghia hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Air Cooleds Only wrote:
Im digging the Ronald Mc'D wheel and brake setup on the front.
Speaking of clowns, when are you going to shave your face Ali Babba? You look like your ready to take flight on a magic carpet after granting 3 wishes.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

saw this 70's coupe and pulled over for a photo. i have seen only one other ghia in el paso.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mojobus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

In today's Colorado Springs CL - a very crusty but original and complete looking 62 for $600..

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5630946642.html
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Looks like my recent purchase...1974 1 owner. 120K documented miles, window sticker invoice, original paint, never wrecked, original interior and of course all matching numbers. I even have the cashed check the owner signed to buy it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KidKarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

One just went up for auction on Bring A Trailer. '74 with A/C and 26K on the clock.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-2/
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

A week or two ago I saw this little 1970 parked in front of someone's house near the community garden where my daughter volunteers.

Today as I was going past I saw the 72 year old owner and told her I liked her ghia, talked about my ghia project & made some vw small talk, told her about the samba. She wanted to know where I took my vw's for repairs, she said she was too tired to do the work on it herself anymore.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Quote:
she said she was too tired to do the work on it herself anymore.

Shocked Wow.
Did you tell her to roll under and adjust the valves? Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
trelms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

nice vert fat chick.
not mine but its been for sale awhile price finally at a good one...

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5738936136.html
bugpowered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I will say I am not finding beautiful Ghias, but I am finding parts cars very easily. This most recent find is a 1970 with a stock 1600 manual transmission. The car took a hard hit up front and is rebuilt in overy a inch plus of bondo. The yard only charged .05 per pound at just over 1500lbs. I have already stared the disassembly process. I pass on all the parts I don't need at an inexpensive price point. Saved from the inevitable crusher.
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

That front bumper looks pretty good. Oh, no way is that hood going to fit on that ghia.

Wink
bugpowered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Lol..that's the replacement hood for my Suburban. Did you know that deer sometimes don't move even though they see you coming? I removed all dead weight that I could at the salvage yard. Hood, decklid, and some other cursory parts stayed at the yard. Further note...the Ghia is a late 69 with those bigger tail lights. I am joyous since I can insure I have replacement guages of the same vintage.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

If I only had the $'s, its the exact one I have been looking for... Canary Yellow '69
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5749800171.html
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

bugpowered wrote:
I will say I am not finding beautiful Ghias, but I am finding parts cars very easily. This most recent find is a 1970 with a stock 1600 manual transmission. The car took a hard hit up front and is rebuilt in overy a inch plus of bondo. The yard only charged .05 per pound at just over 1500lbs. I have already stared the disassembly process. I pass on all the parts I don't need at an inexpensive price point. Saved from the inevitable crusher.

Save the windshield -- All you can get for the late models is that FU junk and they do not fit!!!!!
b_kimbro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Just brought this 65' home this past Saturday. Will be starting the restoration soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

You are not allowed to post that and not say what you plan to do with it. Forum rules and all.... Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
b_kimbro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
You are not allowed to post that and not say what you plan to do with it. Forum rules and all.... Wink

I plan on a full frame off restoration, back to the original builds with my own subtle touches thrown in lol I've been compiling info on it so I can stay as true to original as possible & am waiting to hear back from the original builder!
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

That's got a sunroof
61 patina Ghia
71 bus
73 super beetle
74 thing
75 half bug
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Deluxe Lowlight Ghia wrote:
That's got a sunroof

Yep...answered here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8242233#8242233

Keep up. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WooleyNelson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

That's got a sunroof

Yeah, and the top's been chopped!

And it looks as if it was done quite well. too!
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
That's got a sunroof

Yep...answered here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8242233#8242233

Keep up. Wink

I am out of the loop
61 patina Ghia
71 bus
73 super beetle
74 thing
75 half bug
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 44 of 58

Jump to: