Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Would YOU Offer For This '56...
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
49vwsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Hey all. I have an interest in this '56. What is your best educated opinion of what it's worth? $2000, 4000, 6000...
I'd specifically like to hear what YOU would offer for it given the details you see in the pics. It's all I have to go on since it's a long way away from where I live.
From my knowledge it has an incorrect decklid, later than '56 motor, a little smack that's been fixed in the front end, a little bit of patching in and around the heater channels under the rear bench and I know the front fenders are not correct because the headlight wiring tubes are rubber and not the metal tubes. Aside from that what you see is what I see.
How much would you offer this seller?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Driver: It's OK officer, I don't wear glasses..I have contacts.
Officer: I don't care WHO you know!!

Last edited by 49vwsplit on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What's This '56 Really Worth... Reply with quote

I would have to say it's worth what your willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept...or somewhere in-between there....
Bug-nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What's This '56 Really Worth... Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
I would have to say it's worth what your willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept...or somewhere in-between there....

What he said

Having said that, I wouldn't give more than $4,000 for it. However I'm somewhat of a purist and would have to find the proper decklid, 36hp engine, etc etc.

1962 Austin-Healey Sprite

Snort wrote:
A 59 Beetle is just an Oval-Window car with aspirations of modernity.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Last 56 I came across 2 years ago was $4000. Never hit aprons, no rust, all OG body panels, OG engine and trans. Needed an interior, he stripped the seats. Fenders were dented but original, hood was the straightest I've ever seen and had no twist when propped open. Hood in picture is wrong, later 4 tab.
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: What's This '56 Really Worth... Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:

And leave us not forget location: A $1500 car in So Cal is a $2500 car in Illinois, and a $4000 car in Jersey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: What's This '56 Really Worth... Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

And leave us not forget location: A $1500 car in So Cal is a $2500 car in Illinois, and a $4000 car in Jersey.

We must go further...
And a $6000 car in the middle of the Atlantic and an 8000 Euro car in Europe
Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Whatever the price--it's a nice looking car!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

$3000 max because of the horshite repairs and wrong decklid- and the most boring color available.
Location is EVERYTHING.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: What's This '56 Really Worth... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Air-Cooled Head wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

We must go further...
And a $6000 car in the middle of the Atlantic and an 8000 Euro car in Europe
Smile

Very true. Applause

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Not having any clue on the physical location of the vehicle with the wrong engine cover deck lid for that year is a ding in my purist book.
Not knowing what the seller sellee relationship is either.
It is worth what it is worth. Just keep it stock.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Keep it stock? Wrong hood, deck lid, fenders and engine. Perfect for a semi custom.
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: What Would YOU Offer For This '56... Reply with quote

Couple thousand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: