Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Found on the road treasures
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

I found a 1/2" wrench hanging halfway out of the grill of my New Beetle the 2nd day I drove the car to work.
It made a nice hole in the grill, but didn't get the AC condenser.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I found a maglight in the road this morning, what neat/useful items have you found for free in/on/near the road?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
I got the same one!!!! hmm I wonder who is dropping those on the roads?, Ive found all kinds of stuff, snapppon wrenches&ratshits, some sockets,cash....one summer I found close to $100.cash....well it was in a tittybar parking lot so......I recycled about half of it Wink it's amazing what you can find if you just keep your eyes open and pay attn. bythe way I still have the mag light I found. Cool
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
hmm I wonder who is dropping those on the roads?

I suspect most of them have been lost by police officers & tow truck drivers.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
hmm I wonder who is dropping those on the roads?

I suspect most of them have been lost by police officers & tow truck drivers.

In the 6 years I drove tow truck I probably lost 15 flashlights. Finally I got wise and got one of the LED lights that go on your head kind of light a miners light. Keeps both hands free and it's a little harder to lose.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

That wasn't me with the bandit problem. It was a guy over in the Seattle area. AWREED maybe?

Oh yeah... Sorry about that.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Do hundreds of piss bottles count?

Way of the road there good buddy. I figured Idaho would know this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0u6Lb6RCz4
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Found a loading ramp from a bunny truck a couple years ago, made the best entry ramp for my dock system on the Kenai and a heck of alot cheaper than the alternative
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

BwaaaaahhhahahahH!!!!! Firing them all over the park like he's in his big rig!
Piss bottles are a way of life in so.cal traffic. Chucking them out the window is pretty lowlifeish. Put em in the bed or Frunk till you land. Rolling Eyes No reason to be ghetto about being ghetto.
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

I found this home made Hammer while walking to work @ 4 a.m., Boulder Co. in 1980, works great as a small breaker bar for a socket wrench too...

Probably a discarded murder weapon.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I considered a link to Ray's trailer park antics, but I went with the animated still instead.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

"Found on the road treasures"?

Link
Bug-nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

About 3 years ago I found a railroad tie/spike crowbar. That sucker was huge! About 5 feet long and weighed considerable. Probably fell off one of the local CSX railway maintenance trucks doing a u-turn. Also found 2 large flathead screwdrivers, a 12mm wrench, and just the other day a 10mm deep well socket. Oh and awhile back found the upper half of a kiddie sized basketball pole, backboard, and net. Took it home for my little brothers but mom called it junk and made me throw it away Rolling Eyes

1962 Austin-Healey Sprite

Snort wrote:
A 59 Beetle is just an Oval-Window car with aspirations of modernity.
TheRustySuper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Haven't found many interesting things yet.

I did, however, find a very nice ratcheting 17mm wrench sitting behind the engine of my Beetle after it returned from a local shop. It had probably been there for months before I found it.
baz54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Back in the 80s, I saw a zoom tube on the centre reserve on a dual caridge way. The road was the main route from Cardiff to the Merther Tydfil in Wales,so very busy. Luckily my mate said I'll get it for you, it was brand new and I put it on my bug that night.
Fast forward 4 years and I was told to look after a building site in Merther, being a Aberdare boy I was a bit nervous but they were a great bunch of lads into Minis and Bugs. we were talking one day and I said I found a brand new zoom tube once on the road and Mike said I lost a brand new zoom tube on the main road out of Cardiff and by the time I turned around it had gone . Very Happy
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

On a walk a friend thought held'd remove a broken radiator belt from the middle of the road---it was a long skinny snake heating itself on the ashphalt.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Do parts from your own car count? I dropped the rear driveshaft out of my CJ-5 years ago while towing my boat. Both U-joints simultaneously snapped. My brother-in-law in a following car was able to grab it during a break in traffic (this was on the 5 in Santa Clarita/Newhall) but only after a semi had run it over. Amazingly it was undamaged. I limped off the freeway in front wheel drive, got a ride to the FLAPS there for parts, replaced the axle and was on my way. One of many memorable trips I can chuckle about now but about shit my shorts back then. Nice thing about ACVW's--no driveshafts. Wink
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Do parts from your own car count? I dropped the rear driveshaft out of my CJ-5 years ago while towing my boat. Both U-joints simultaneously snapped. My brother-in-law in a following car was able to grab it during a break in traffic (this was on the 5 in Santa Clarita/Newhall) but only after a semi had run it over. Amazingly it was undamaged. I limped off the freeway in front wheel drive, got a ride to the FLAPS there for parts, replaced the axle and was on my way. One of many memorable trips I can chuckle about now but about shit my shorts back then. Nice thing about ACVW's--no driveshafts. Wink

I bet your brother doesn't tailgate you any more!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

I bet your brother doesn't tailgate you any more!

Actually, I'm surprised it didn't impale the boat. I have a lot of stories regarding the jeep that I am writing down for my heirs LOL. I have some doozies but they're not really in line with this forum.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

'Found by the road' can also mean STOLEN! Laughing

If it is a tool i find, I don't dare touch it. Especially if it is bloody. May have been used in a murder of sump'tin.

I did find a very large heavy tarp along I-80 before. It was very late nite and I saw it. I thought at first it was a dead body. I turned around...trailer and all to see what it was. It was a very heavy truck tarp. Took it home, cut it in several units and used them to cover stuff outside.

I also found a parked U-Haul covered trailer 2 axle type close to I-70 in the middle of the nite. Unlocked. Not a damn thing wrong w/ it. Both tires were on there, no flats. I was tempted to open the box, but thought the damn thing might be loaded w/ dead bodies. The trailer is begging like... OPEN ME!

You know the saying...if too good to be true. I left it alone and went my merry way. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Found on the road treasures Reply with quote

You truly are hoping to find a dead body.

All you find in ID are the tops of Coleman trailer A/C units and magnetic, numbered cones from the roofs of cars repaired at local dealerships. Occasionally a black battery tray box lid and an orange life preserver drops by.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: