Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Propex Heater
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaslab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Propex Heater Reply with quote

Just installed my HS2211,but lo and behold the thermostat is not the one I ordered,apparently according to Richard Propex has the right to exhaust their old stock of heaters.So if I understand this correctly what they advertise and what you order will not be the same,you will not get the thermostat that is pictured in the ad.And also with the old stock they have discontinued the spacer that is required to install the therm.But of course you can make your own or you can gouge a 3" hole in your wall to install it.Its my opinion that they have dropped the ball on this one the heaters are quite expensive,they have failed in their promise of customer satisfaction.
I would also like to thank Karl with WESTY VENTURES he was very helpful,although my purchases with him were small,he was very generous with his knowledge and time.

Following is a dialogue with Propex.......

This is my second email.As i said in my previous email, the HS2211 that i purchased did not come with the thermostat that was displayed on your home page.It came with a thermostat that requires a spacer and that was not included.Please make good your promise of quality control and customer service and send a spacer or the proper thermostat.

The response

The thermostat was changed recently and as with all manufacturers we do reserve the right to change specification of the product.

A change in our production specification will take some time to work its way through the system due to stockholding maintained by many of our retaillers so may I ask where you are in th world and where you purchased the heater from.

If there is a part missing then we will work with you and the retailer to get you this part.

Regards
Richard
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Propex Heater Reply with quote

check with Karl Mullendore at http://www.westyventures.com/
he's a good vw guy and propex distributer in the PNW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gaslab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex Heater Reply with quote

In my post I did mention Karl's help.He is familiar with the issue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: