Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stetoppingphoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Lovely work and what a great looking car Cool
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Managed to refit the correct "ribbed" semaphores! Can't say enough good things about what a work of art these are from Matt up in Canada! Thanks buddy! Beautiful job and I'm one step closer to a more correct split...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Amazing history and what a transformation on the paint Cool
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Thanks mate! It's coming along nicely!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Lucked out today and was granted access to take some unrestricted pics with the Nine-o-Nine B-17 owned by the Collings Foundation. It made a tour stop in Butler, PA which isn't too far away. So I broke my rule about not driving the split in the rain to capture this cool moment. Ironic in a way that these B-17s were hammering away at the VW factory not even a decade before my car was built there. Sometimes it's good to bury the hatchet. Enjoy the pic...

René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Great photo!

I flew over Silicon Valley in Nine-O-Nine a few years ago. That was the 4th B17 I've flown in. Incredible experience, pricey but worth it.
Mif
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Such an awesome car and it was built 59 cars later from mine according to the chassis numbers...
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Split (formerly Mike Wolfe's from American Pickers) Reply with quote

Thanks Mif! Pretty cool to know they were probably built the same day! I recently got the birth certificate for my car. It was produced on Jan 10th 1952 and delivered to Hahn VW in Stuttgart...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: