Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BugNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I bought it today. Does that count?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/img]

1969 Beetle, 1776cc, manual conversion (done by PO), Bosch 034 SVDA, 34Pict-3, 2.5" drop spindles w/disc brakes, DIY 4” narrowed beam w/Airkewld adjusters, 205/65R15 out back and 175/55R15 up front on EMPI GT-8s.

1974 Kombi Safare Custom Camper NUGGET that needs everything

My YouTube build videos: School St. Garage.

Sold with sadness:
'73 VW Bug
'79 VW Bus

Sold with joy:
'99 VW Beetle TDI (all I miss are the mpgs)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Nice project!
Broke Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I bought a 73 super last July and drove her home and parked her.

I just got the motivation to drop the engine to install a new rear engine compartment seal and clutch.

What else should i do to the engine while it is out?
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Replaced my ratty old '72 dash w/a pristine original VW dash from a '73. Just had to make holes for the oh-shit bar.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Installed control cables for my heat exchangers, found they were too long and needed to be cut. I got them installed, but while trying to bend the excess wire around the clamp I sliced my thumb open a good bit. Shocked

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Took my 1972 Spartkäfer out for a spin in the sun in May...

Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Adjusted valves, installed rocker stand shims do to it being a little tight with my ball-adjusters, set idle, set timing, drove it around the block. lacking power for some reason, i think i have fouled plugs...

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
gp98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Gave him a good bath, new plugs and Accel 7mm wires.
Then good ride Cool . Been my daily now for about 5 weeks scince Grand Caravan decided it wanted new head gaskets.
1969 tin top westy
UmiUmi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Put new 145r15's on the front

ewetho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Gave the old girl new fuel lines in the engine bay, new Bosch 009 Distributor, and Rebuilt an old German 30 Pict 1 carb and installed it. Still much to do.

Removed EMPI All-in-one distributor which could not time due to interference and leaky 30/31 Pict carb and some atrocious fuel lines.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Drove it to Napa auto parts, bought some oil. brought it home and changed the oil and (holy hell was that filter on there tight! i dont remember wrenching it down that hard!) oil filter. drove it to work without issues.

marklock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Charged up the battery and installed some odds and ends.

coonhunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I got my brake wires corrected. I did some poor wiring when I was 17! Kind of one of those... "what was I thinking?" Back to the way the factory intended them.
itskyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Drove to work and back.

That's enough, right Confused
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (I miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I added a little air to the tires.and after that I realized that all the home work Ive been doing lately and since the kid got home from collage..(she left for a fellowship in monetary at a institute today)well I realized that I havent driven the bug in....a week or more Shocked my daily driver...my only car.....but the 3 days at the beach with her was great to get away from the house. I miss my kid already....I should of went with her Wink (shes driving&sightseeing) she grew up way too fast.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

installed new rubber clutch and brake pedal pads today.

thedge_1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Well Finally got around to replacing front brake hoses, Hope that eliminates the bad pulling I experienced last time I drove it. Also tackled replacing the electric portion of ignition switch. Thank you to all of you who have posted their experience doing this job. Now if I just had a battery I could drive it again.
TheAmazingDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Installed a new antenna, new little plastic dammits to hold on the frunk emblem, and new TMI door cards.

VERTED71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Applied Rust bullet to floors (two coats) then two coats of black rust-o-leum paint. Blacked out all the trim (bumpers, headlight rings, trim pieces). Re-wired stereo and amps. Installed new 115db air horn. Cleaned all the connects to grounds to include under the rear seat.....

by coincidence found the issue with my intermittent starting. Wire coming from ignition going to starter had a but connector that was loose. Re-crimped and no issues since yesterday.

71 Super Beetle Vert
15x4.5 Front
15x6.5 Rear
155/60R15 74T tires FRONT
205/65/15 tires REAR
1600 Dual Port
Progessive Carb
Electronic Ignition
Tri Mil "hotdog" exhaust
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

rolled up the windows Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 312 of 449

Jump to: