Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Action Imports
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldsCool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Action Imports Reply with quote

I ordered an exhaust system for my Bug from Action Imports, and received it great condition, and in a timely manner. I'd buy from them again! Very Happy
volkstony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

you are correct lee is one of the nicest guys out there to deal with i have shopped with him since 1998 and will continue to shop with him
Dave Kawell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Lee @ Action Import Motors in Bossier City, LA came thru for us. Prompt shipping and well packed. Thank you Lee.

Judy Kawell
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
eastcoastconversions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Lee very good to deal with as well. My first order, just recently placed, was shipped fast and packaged well. Communication was great. Won't be the last order you see from me!!!

Thanks,
Jeff Munn
CJ Munn Equipment Ltd.
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee is Number 1 in my book too!!! I have ordered from him at least 40-50 times. He has my credit card on file and if i order today I have it tommorrow. Good source of info too!!!!

tell him MURZ sent ya!!!!!! I built my whole buggy piece by piece with him.
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
aircooledmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from them once - the parts came MUCH faster than any other place I have ordered from online.

Very happy with them. I wish some of the west coast parts suppliers would take lessons from them. Shocked
CoolVWsCom
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Negative Feedback Reply with quote

We purchased a complete set of Floor Pans from Action Import Motors. When we received them, one of the pans was quite mangled up but the box/packaging appeared fine. It looks like the pan was damaged before packaging. On a side note the pan was pretty thin.

We called Action Import and spoke with the owner LEE and he said that we could pay someone to fix it. We were upset and told him that we should not have to incur any additional fees as it was received this way. He then told us to find out how much it would cost to fix it and get back with him. We did get an estimate and attempted to contact LEE but no replies to e-mails or phone calls and this has been going on for 2 to 3 weeks. We were even going to allow LEE to send a cheap carpet kit instead of paying the higher Welders fee but still no response.

Anyways, until we can get this resolved I would highly advise not purchasing from Action Import Motors. http://www.actionimport.com/
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a set of whole floor pans for my ghia from Lee at Action Imorts, good price and fast shipping. im looking at buying my Mahle 90.5's from him as well. thanks Lee.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

various other parts cars.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atbdrummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered off of action imports today and noticed that when I put in my credit card info, the website didn't go to a https setting. Should I worry? I'm gonna be watching my account but I worry a lot.

Go Seattle Sounders!!!
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@atbdrummer Did you have any trouble with your order or card?
atbdrummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trouble whatsoever. Order came promptly and packaged with care. Will definately order from them again.

Go Seattle Sounders!!!
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a rack for one of my bugs on Thursday and got it on Tuesday. Only complaint is that it was wrapped to good. Very Happy
crowe66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atbdrummer wrote:
I ordered off of action imports today and noticed that when I put in my credit card info, the website didn't go to a https setting. Should I worry? I'm gonna be watching my account but I worry a lot.

I would. That means your info was not encrypted and went clear text.

This is why I dont order online from them.
crowe66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed on order over the phone. Price and shipping was very fair. Arrived in a few days packaged very well.
Scorpwanna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man of few words! But he knows bugs! He's my bug guy!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pigzsnout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpwanna wrote:
A man of few words! But he knows bugs! He's my bug guy!

You are spot on with this quote!!! Lee has been in the VW arena for a LONG time. When I lived in Shreveport I always went to Lee for parts, service, or advice. He won't steer you wrong or give bad service. He has a dry personality but I like the fact that if you ask a question, he'll give you a straight up answer and not beat around the bush. I now live in Biloxi, MS and when my local shop doesnt have something in stock, I still call Lee and have him ship them to me next day or 2-day service. With the price of fuel today, I spend less money in shipping than I do driving to my local shop which is about 55mi round trip. In a GMC with a 6.2L at 13.8mpg and fuel at $3.65/gal its way more benefical to choose the shiiping route.
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered from Lee and the product and delivery were excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scorpwanna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Action Imports Reply with quote

I hate to post this.

(Some back story)
Quote:
A year before, I needed some rear trailing arms because I messed up and didn't tighten down the castle nut to the proper torque and it caused the bearing housings to be unable to hold the bearings in tight. So I bought some trailing arms from him to replace the ones I had on my car.

I had sent my bug to Lee to have some rear end work done. I wanted to see if he could level it out in the back to default ride height and see if it was possible to fix the / \ problem my back wheels were having. I sent a new rear drum and Brazilian rubber bushings to replace the spring plates if they needed it. He had it at his shop for 5 months :(. I'd call about every 2 weeks asking how the progress was and all he'd say was "I'm still working on it".

I had offered a suggestion to maybe swap my back tires to the front and see if unworn tires might make a difference. I'd call and ask still every 2 weeks, and felt like I was getting the run around. At one point he said that the trailing arms I had bought from him were no good and he was looking to replace them. I could tell he was getting frustrated with the car by the way he sounded over the phone. "That THING"

Finally it came down to the fact that I needed my car back due to some transmission problems with the car I was driving at the time. I had called Lee and he told me the car would be ready to be picked up at the end of the week. A family member drove me to his shop to get the car. He had only charged me for adjusting the spring plates which I felt was odd. Told me that he put my trailing arms back on.

I got in the car, backed it out and started to drive home when I noticed the car was wanting to swing it's rear around every corner and could barely keep straight. I figured maybe it was just the rain. The steering wheel was cocked and not straight anymore. The front end started shimmying too. I thought "Well I did work on the front end before taking it down there, maybe I just need to tighten the shock obsorber nuts. I had stopped by my grandparents house on the way home and my slick edge worn tires were also still on the front from my suggestion to him, so I thought "Well that's my fault for suggesting, he may of just forgot to swap them back to the back". So I swapped them back around.

That rainy night, I had to drive 30 miles an hour to get it home safely and because I knew he'd be closed if I turned around I couldn't chance driving it back. Once home I got to looking, the rear was cocked up about an inch or 2 higher than the other side and the trailing arms were adjusted with maximum toe out to the point that any curve I'd go in would try to whip the rear into it. It wasn't aligned anymore... So I jacked the car up to just eyeball a straight alignment so I could try to drive it when I noticed the rear right wheel wouldn't budge even with the emergency brake off. The brake pads were adjusted too tight just on that one side, I had to back off the star adjusters just to even out the brakes in the back. I managed to get it a bit safer to drive. As I was adjusting the trailing arms back straight (again by just eyeballing it), I noticed the bushings in the spring plates were red urethane. I figured, well he didn't need to use the rubber ones, but I couldn't find them in the car... :(. He didn't send them back with me. I started to feel a bit upset. I even noticed when I washed the car off there was this fine mist of silver specks everywhere all over it. It was overspray paint that took me a while to eventually get off to the point the car was smoother now with a few small scratches :(.

I know what you're going to say....
I didn't call him because I didn't want any controversy. I knew that working on the car had to be frustrating for him so I just said to myself "forget it, I'm done with volkswagens". I let my car sit that way for months because I was so depressed about the job done to it and how I would even be able to fix it. I just couldn't believe that he'd leave me a car in that condition. I can still see him standing there watching me drive away, knowing that it wasn't safe to drive. I became so frustrated that I just cut all ties with his business. When I showed up he could of at least told me it wasn't quiet ready. Or he needed to tweak it just some. But nothing, not a word, someone told me "he just hurried and put your car together just to get you out of there".

Up until that point I had never had a problem with Action Import Motors. I don't understand what happened. A friend of mine who spoke highly of Lee said that sometimes that happens, that Lee just had too many pans in the fire.

Luckly for me I was recommended another guy that could possibly fix my problem or at least get it safe to drive again.

To this day, I don't understand what happened. Was it me calling every 2 to 3 weeks asking about a status on it? Did he just set my car aside and ignore it? Was it that the job was going to be a cheaper one than most so I was just pushed back one car after another? He could of at least told me he couldn't fix it. I just don't understand... It makes me sad, I was telling others in my area that had Volkswagens to take it to him to fix it before this happened. And finally, what happened to my rubber spring plate bushings?
Received: Washington, USA
Original Color: L 12 D Shantung Yellow
SOLEX 34-PICT 3 Carb
I've got a Bentley
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71StandardReduction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Action Imports Reply with quote

Anyone know if Lee is still is business?

YHWH NISSI
YHWH SHALOM

64 Pan Buggy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Ruby Red 1966
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779597&highlight=

https://youtube.com/@SCOFabwerx?feature=shared
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: