Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rescued a fat chick today
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Both of you - Pics or it didn't happen! Smile

I'll have to go out with the camera and take some shots. My son used his phone taking a bunch to post on his Facebook site though.

What I really need to do is dig up his thread on this forum, and post a bunch of pics on the remodel of his car. I've got some on the other computer from back when you were still working on your Fastback. Shocked
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Clatter wrote:

I'll have to go out with the camera and take some shots. My son used his phone taking a bunch to post on his Facebook site though.

What I really need to do is dig up his thread on this forum, and post a bunch of pics on the remodel of his car. I've got some on the other computer from back when you were still working on your Fastback. Shocked

Well Bob, those must be so REALLY OLD photos if they were taken WAY back then. . . I hope the film didn't go bad in your Insta-matic. . . Laughing Wink

Umm Video Clatter; it's like endless pics that tell a story. . . Rolling Eyes Wink

Nate M.

Squarsche build
Heavy Metal Affliction feature

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Nate M. wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
Clatter wrote:

Well Bob, those must be so REALLY OLD photos if they were taken WAY back then. . . I hope the film didn't go bad in your Insta-matic. . . Laughing Wink

Yeah me too. It's getting harder everyday to find film these days. Wink But yeah, they are some "old" pics. Gives you an idea of how long it's been since Steve was working on his car (the shots were taken when he stopped working on the body). Shocked Laughing
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

It's with a heavy heart that I report that Dave's '71 fat chick is no more. Can we please have a moment of silence. . .

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thankfully Dave made it through better than she did and while a bit bruised and sore will be just fine.

We were literally 2 weeks away from stuffing in the Porsche 2.0L and FF tranny to make his commutes easier. . . Evil or Very Mad Now we'll be trying to find homes for all good parts left on her. . .

Man this sucks!!! I can't tell you how many accidents/fatalities have happened a this very spot over the years. . . I'm just thankful Dave is O.K.!!

Nate M.

Squarsche build

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Glad he's ok also, but I am happier you didn't have time to install the bigger engine on that tin can, The result may have been worse.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Ah man, that sucks bad. But am glad Dave's ok and will recover.
63 Squareback
Engine rebuild
Trailer rebuild
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Glad he's ok also, but I am happier you didn't have time to install the bigger engine on that tin can, The result may have been worse.

It wasn't a matter of speed on his part. Someone just pulled out in front of him. Apparently the mighty fat chick faired better than the Chevy Blazer.

Nate M.

Squarsche build

Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

MonT3 wrote:
Ah man, that sucks bad. But am glad Dave's ok and will recover.

Agreed. I'm glad to hear Dave's ok. The car can be replaced, Dave can't.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Nate M. wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:

It wasn't a matter of speed on his part. Someone just pulled out in front of him. Apparently the mighty fat chick faired better than the Chevy Blazer.

I am glad he's ok! I've been told by a car designer that at a certain speed, it is better to crash in a tin can because it will absorb most of the energy versus a more rigid car.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

Dave & I retrieved his car from the tow lot today and I have to say that our type3s are tough, tough cars. The added crash bracing in the fat chicks did their job and I'm impressed. The big surprise is the round tube that fills the inner bumper and just lays against the front beam. That thing transferred most of the impact to the frame head and the pan which is the strongest part of the car. The foot well didn't collapse.

Dave came out of a crash where a guy in an S10 Blazer pulled out right in front of him causing him to broad-side the Blazer @ about a 20degree angle @ 45mph with only a sore upper body. Not a scratch and no bruises. Now the real miracle is that they didn't get blown-up on impact by one or all of the 3 propane bottles that filled the rear of the Blazer!! Shocked The Blazer was in the lot too and it's toast.

Now we're on the hunt for a good body with which to transfer all his parts over too this summer. I'm so thankful that my friend is O.K.!!

Nate M.

Squarsche build

Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Rescued a fat chick today Reply with quote

This sucks.

Glad your friend is OK.

Sucks that people space out, don't take driving seriously, and make stupid mistakes.

Monkey Hill Road - The irony!

What’s That Noise?!?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: