Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
akaATA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

hi!
I have recently bought one of these 50's vintage westfalia trailers as is shown in the first pic of this forum. Thinking about selling it and there seems not much information out there to figure out a price. Any ideas here? It is in fair condition.
thanks for any insight, links,websites or help!
akaATA

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

Most info I ever found is here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259975957415954/?ref=bookmarks

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

akaATA wrote:
hi!
I have recently bought one of these 50's vintage westfalia trailers as is shown in the first pic of this forum. Thinking about selling it and there seems not much information out there to figure out a price. Any ideas here? It is in fair condition.
thanks for any insight, links,websites or help!
akaATA

I am looking for the handles for the campingbox cabinet for my October 60 camper.
I think they are the same as the handles put on late 50s/ early 60s Westfalia camping trailers.
I saw this on a camper at the Prado campout:

I started searching for images of 265 - 3 Westfalia camping trailers and found lots more pics. :D But does anyone know a good place to find this part? I think many camping trailers came with 4 of them! Maybe learn German ebay? Anyone know of a classifieds for old westy camper trailer items?
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

Maybe someone nice would let you borrow one so you can re make it, maybe not though. Neutral
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

I did actually borrow one from someone local, who we seem to see about once a month. I consider it an *extreme* level of trust that the handle was lent us.
It looks a bit tricky to make a really good repro, though.

I was really hoping to find a pair of originals, a repro would be second best. I know the caravans aren't common, but the westy kits for VW are very rare. So it is very exciting to see so many caravans with the handles. I googled Westfalia caravan and found tons of pics! It makes me hopeful that someone has a parts rig around, or some extra bits. Very Happy

There seem to be many more in Europe so I might have to look over there. At least they are small and easy to ship. Very Happy

wanted ad:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1906757
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

Here is my friends trailer, its amazing imo.

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
joefriday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

This 1962 Westfalia trailer similar to the above is listed on Seattle CL. Has the same handles on the rear. Cool.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/5796260368.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Reply with quote

So this might be a stupid question.

How much is a westfalia camper/caravan worth and how rare are they?

Today I went a different route home and I passed this old camper. I thought it was kinda different looking, didn’t put much thought into it as I’ve passed it a few times. I got home, was looking through social media and saw a VW bus pulling a similar camper. Then it hit me that it was likely a westfalia camper that I saw. Anyways I might take pictures on Monday. But it’s sitting in a front yard looking abandoned. Is it something I should possibly try to get? It looked like the bigger model camper/caravan

Thanks.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: