Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 dist on a type 1 engine???
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Type 3 dist on a type 1 engine??? Reply with quote

I'm curious if I can use a 311 905 205G dist on my dual carbed 1679 type 1 engine. I have a huge timing flat spot at mid throttle that I can feel while driving and see it with a timing light. Current dist is a 034 SDVA with pertonics. Timed at 7.5* btdc. Carbs synced and recently cleaned. Valves adjusted a few weeks ago.
I recently tried an 009 vac advance (stock 67) dist from my reliable 1500 engine. It ran ok and was quite drive-able. It just didn't have any umph on acceleration. So I reinstalled the 034 and was happy with the acceleration. But unhappy with the mid throttle flat spot in the timing.
If I can't use the 205G. What dist would play well with my
CB Perf. 32/34 psdit carbs?
Thought that I would ask this as there is a VW event coming up where there should be a few vendors selling serviceable distributors in the swap area.
Thanks in advance for any help / advice that you send my way.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: