Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber 32 36 advice with idle video
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2RL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Weber 32 36 advice with idle video Reply with quote

You mentioned earlier that part of the choke linkage is missing ,either the rod or the arm that goes to the throttle linkage.... Either way that would be the linkage from the fast idle cam, but wouldn't cause the high idle issue since its not connected to the throttle; however, if you still have the rest of the choke parts ( specifically the butterflies inside the carb top cover) in place then you technically still have a choke and that could be what is causing the weird idle issue since the choke plates would still close when cold., but without the electric heat hooked up would take forever to open.
Take a picture of whast you have and lets see if that's the problem.
Desertstrike86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Weber 32 36 advice with idle video Reply with quote

The choke butterflies always remain open the way it is now
Desertstrike86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Weber 32 36 advice with idle video Reply with quote

I'll post a video of all the stuff I'm dealing with to make it clear
mike12487
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Weber 32 36 advice with idle video Reply with quote

New member here...any new info on this? I have practically the same issues you started off with and am just now getting into it!
Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Weber 32 36 advice with idle video Reply with quote

mike12487 wrote:
New member here...any new info on this? I have practically the same issues you started off with and am just now getting into it!

I used the jetting specs and advice on this page. Idles good, no flat spot. I have a non heated intake.

http://www.aircooled.net/making-weber-progressive-dfev-work-aircooled-vw-engine/

Hope this can help you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: