Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sportsmobilers Unite! FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

that badge is awesome. 20$ to peel it off and send it to me! I would even trade you for a sportsmobile penthouse badge! your interior is pretty much all there. very nice SM. welcome! pic is not mine, stolen from gallery, my badge is nicer. where on your bus is that badge? I cant tell from your pics
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
madscout636
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
that badge is awesome. 20$ to peel it off and send it to me! I would even trade you for a sportsmobile penthouse badge! your interior is pretty much all there. very nice SM. welcome! pic is not mine, stolen from gallery, my badge is nicer. where on your bus is that badge? I cant tell from your pics

These SM badges are on the doors. If you look at the fifth picture you can see it on the driver's door. I have a penthouse badge. Thanks for the offer though!
Bnzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

I am refurbishing a Sportsmobile top and have a question. On the camper top on the right side passenger corner the are two holes obviously drilled for a reason. Is there a badge that goes there? Any other ideas? I have included a picture.

Bnzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

Btw the holes are 4.25 inches apart
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

^^
the two posts above your question! yup, penthouse badge
btw, found this today. look at the factory spare cover.
Bnzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Now where do I get one lol?
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

I have a couple, but I am kind of hoarding them. when I go out into the stash after the spring garage cleanup I will check them out and see if I want to part with one.
you could just bondo or fiberglass the holes if you don't want to wait.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
why not this for the top and bottom?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?...aQodsBEGQw

Nope - not the right shape.
TweedLinn wrote:
Sage79 wrote:
Has anyone tried to find a source for the plastic screw covers on the top and bottom of the jalousie windows (the 2-panel windows with the screws on the outside)? I've got 3 of the 4 but it would sure look nice with all and new ones would probably fit tighter since the old ones are pretty hard.

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page53.html

does part 009-042 look the same as what you guys have?!

I'm assuming that's it, although I can't compare since I don't have any top or bottom covers, just the sides...

I haven't ordered yet, as I am wanting to order some of the flap seal, and am going to rebuild my other window (have done one already) and in case I need any parts for that one, will order it all at the same time. I went to these guys for my broken parts for my other windows, and they were insanely cheap, fast, knowledgeable, and helpful...

None of those cross-sections is correct.

I believe I need to take a photo...
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

This looks closer but I haven't confirmed the dimensions:

http://www.prvparts.com/product-p/11501.htm
'77 delux 2.0FI 090Auto - now my son's
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

I took photos of the trim around the jalousie windows on my 1972 Sportsmobile:

On one side, all four pieces are intact. That was the side that was shaded from the New Mexico sun for decades. The opposite side is missing the top and bottom pieces, but has both sides, though one is damaged.

Sure would be cool to find modern replacements. Hence the measurements and attempts at showing the shape of the cross-sections:

reason for the trim: to cover screw heads
note remnants of gray seal

edge of lower trim (I just noticed that the hook on the trim is not in the groove)

edge of upper trim (with hook in the groove)
note flap of gray seal above window

upper trim with scale (upper and lower pieces are identical)

and

edge trim with scale

detail of lower extruded aluminum and edge black plastic without the cover

1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

Search online for vintage trailer Hehr window or vintage trailer window seals. Took me some time to find some for our VW and our camper. Just a thought. Here are two places http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=303

http://www.all-rite.com/window-parts-c-60.html
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

Well John, if my metric converting is correct the link I posted looks real close, I will try and verify closer and may even order one if it checks out.
Dirk
'77 delux 2.0FI 090Auto - now my son's
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
alman72 wrote:
why not this for the top and bottom?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?...aQodsBEGQw

Nope - not the right shape.
TweedLinn wrote:
Sage79 wrote:
Has anyone tried to find a source for the plastic screw covers on the top and bottom of the jalousie windows (the 2-panel windows with the screws on the outside)? I've got 3 of the 4 but it would sure look nice with all and new ones would probably fit tighter since the old ones are pretty hard.

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page53.html

does part 009-042 look the same as what you guys have?!

I'm assuming that's it, although I can't compare since I don't have any top or bottom covers, just the sides...

I haven't ordered yet, as I am wanting to order some of the flap seal, and am going to rebuild my other window (have done one already) and in case I need any parts for that one, will order it all at the same time. I went to these guys for my broken parts for my other windows, and they were insanely cheap, fast, knowledgeable, and helpful...

None of those cross-sections is correct.

I believe I need to take a photo...

hey guys, I grabbed a bunch of trim at the pick and pull today. some have overspray, some a little chipped on the ends, but they are the real deal. Sportsmobile jalousie top and bottom trim for all! (Sage and JT anyway) PM me
obieoberstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

I had a Sportsmobile bus a long time ago as a parts bus. Never really appreciated it.

Loving all the info on these campers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TweedLinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:

I don't have one of these either, but I do have the new Sportsmobile badges/declals that were produced for the newer models, which I said several pages ago that I'd post pics of... So here they are.

This is the large one for the back, as you can see it is thick and glossy, not just a flat sticker

And these are the ones for the sides, I still haven't put them on as I'm not sure how I feel abut the .com on them... (The large one also had a .com, but since it was a separate piece I left it off)

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

TweedLinn wrote:
I don't have one of these either, but I do have the new Sportsmobile badges/declals that were produced for the newer models, which I said several pages ago that I'd post pics of... So here they are.

This is the large one for the back, as you can see it is thick and glossy, not just a flat sticker

So, where did you get that?
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

^ I would guess .com
I scored (bought) some stickers, shirts, hat and a plate frame a couple weeks ago.
TweedLinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
TweedLinn wrote:

So, where did you get that?

I sent a (too long) email to the sportsmobile corporation, asking if it was possible to buy badges or stickers for the tops, and they emailed back saying how they were impressed with my ride and my enthusiasm, and sent them all to me for free...
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

TweedLinn wrote:

I sent a (too long) email to the sportsmobile corporation, asking if it was possible to buy badges or stickers for the tops, and they emailed back saying how they were impressed with my ride and my enthusiasm, and sent them all to me for free...

Let's see some pix
Thank you
Tcash
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobilers Unite! Reply with quote

TweedLinn wrote:

And I just sent them an email and got "We got nothing for you." from them. Maybe I did not make it a persuasive enough plea.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: