Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any cyclists here?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I ride "a lot". I try to get out 3-4x/week. But it's all off-road for me (wife has been hit by cars 3x on her bike, and the drivers here are almost aggro towards bikers).

I'm already going stir crazy because the weather has kept me out of the saddle for 2 mos so far!

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Anyone using kickr with trainer road?
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

The weather has turned for sure. A few my buddies and I are riding a 50 miler on 31 Jan. I hope it warms up, I don't think there is an amount of gear that will keep us warm in 20* or below weather. Rolling Eyes I'm using sufferfest videos at home, but sure could use some better ones.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Schwimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I started riding road at the end of 2011, average about 3-4k per year & love it. Lost about 80 lbs. I ride about 2-3 days a week.Also have a few old Schwinn cruisers that I ride around town. I am user name Billy Schwimmer on Strava. Will post a few pics soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

don't let the snow stop you from riding!

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubblehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I've been riding my fatty 2-3 times a week off road. Got out yesterday and made fresh tracks in the 6" we picked up Mon. Saw this vid over the wknd. Gets pretty crazy towards the end. Enjoy!

2 Fat 2 Furious:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2-fat-2-furious-fat-bike-freeride-film-2016.html
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

So I got sick of riding my road bike, adjusting to my Cross bike and back. So I sold them both and picked this up. Now all I needs is a nice carbon fiber wheelset to use on the road. Wink

Ultegra 6800 drive train, Ultegra hubs on Velocity wheels hand built with tubeless setup.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Bought the wahoo kickr. First ride today sure beats the cyclops fluid trainer. An hour went by very quickly
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Bones 53 wrote:
Bought the wahoo kickr. First ride today sure beats the cyclops fluid trainer. An hour went by very quickly

Have you tried Zwift yet? Makes the hour go by even quicker.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
and the drivers here are almost aggro towards bikers).

And I've seen many arrogant bikers who think they own the road which might be the reason why drivers are aggro towards bikers. I live on a country road and it is common for bikes to go by side by side in packs of 40-50+ and cars are lined up behind them for miles because there is no safe place to pass. I often see bikers blow right thru stop signs without slowing down. I had one knucklehead blow thru a stop sign at a blind intersection for him and was he shocked to see me so he quick maneuvered his bike to stay in the center of the road because a truck was coming towards me. He road between me and the truck in the middle of the road on the yellow line. I often have bikers give me dirty looks or flip me the bird when I don't stop at an intersection for them so they don't have to stop at THEIR stop sign. I live on a "bike route" and bikers living by their own rules and not the rules of the road is a very touchy subject in my area.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
and the drivers here are almost aggro towards bikers).

And I've seen many arrogant bikers who think they own the road which might be the reason why drivers are aggro towards bikers. I live on a country road and it is common for bikes to go by side by side in packs of 40-50+ and cars are lined up behind them for miles because there is no safe place to pass. I often see bikers blow right thru stop signs without slowing down. I had one knucklehead blow thru a stop sign at a blind intersection for him and was he shocked to see me so he quick maneuvered his bike to stay in the center of the road because a truck was coming towards me. He road between me and the truck in the middle of the road on the yellow line. I often have bikers give me dirty looks or flip me the bird when I don't stop at an intersection for them so they don't have to stop at THEIR stop sign. I live on a "bike route" and bikers living by their own rules and not the rules of the road is a very touchy subject in my area.

Unfortunately there are a few aholes out there that make the rest of us look bad.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

There is a local peloton of pecker heads that ride as if on a closed course and cause a lot of local motorists headaches. I know one of the ride organizers and mentioned it in casual conversation; his reply was cars just have to slow down and be careful.
Given the windy country roads and limited sight lines I was amazed at his attitude. We don't talk anymore, as my comments concerning d-bags were pretty pointed and personal.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10670902

is my strava if you want to follow. Or do a MTB ride if you are here in Ooootah! I'll be happy to show you around the world class riding here.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I pedal my fat ass to work 2-3 times a week. I enjoy it and I enjoy collecting bikes. My favorite is my Big Ripper. I don't ride it much; it was an NOS 2011 that I bought when I sold my 2012 a few years back. I bought it still in the box. I've been thinking about finding one that's a little beat up, so I can actually ride it.

I also have a 1984 CyclePro 26" BMX that I just got through building. My first attempt at building my own wheels was a success. I bought it at a yard sale for $20 and it had some shitty steel wheels on it and Mongoose KOS bars that I sold on Ebay for $270.00 Smile. It's got tiger stamped Tuf neck and Tuf Neck chainring as well.

I Bought a bike just for trails last fall. It's a 1996 ProFlex with carbon fiber Girvin fork and carbon Easton trail arm. It's got Kooka cranks and a few other upgrades. This bike was crazy expensive when new. It's outdated tech now, but I still like the way the fork works and it parts out for three times what I paid for it.

I ride my Cannondale Bad Boy 9 most often. Watching those aluminum forks flex scares me though. I'm thinking of selling it and getting an old chromoly framed road bike and giving it a more upright sitting position. I like the Cannondale though. Here it has 42's on it, but I run it with 28 slicks now that I have the Proflex. Yep, that's me and that's an XL. Looks a little small on me. That's a lot of meat right there.

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Latest addition.

Cannondale SuperX Rival CX1 gravel bike.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Just getting introduced to watts since I bought the wahoo kickr. What kind of watts you guys putting out. That thing is like a human dyno without the orange county correction factor, at least not that I've figured out
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I don't have a power meter... i just look at heart rate and cadence.

Doctor says I have the heart of a 40 year old. Too bad it's inside an old man.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

I used to go by heart rate but my son kept telling me the power is where it's at

http://blog.trainerroad.com/training-with-power-vs-heart-rate-whats-better/
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

BTW I'm really old 64.5 so I know what you mean
Bill Schwimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Any cyclists here? Reply with quote

Just bought a Breezer Venturi. A bike have have looked at for a while, finally pulled the trigger. Its a steel bike, Ultegra drivetrain, a little bit of weight to it, but rides like butter. Really really like it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: