Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Engine Builder Topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

COLTSS45 wrote:
How about Naples FL?

Fisher Buggies if you are anywhere in FLA.
http://fisherbuggies.com/
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Jim's VW's in Lodi, CA is my pick.

-Jim is OLD SCHOOL, builds all of his motors and is an honest and nice man.
-He is a little slow being a one man shop. He is very reasonable and his charge includes the 500 mile oil change/valve adj./head re-torque.
-He prefers stock motors though and he is really really good.

vwdon
JAbenne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am in central NJ,

Already had my crank prepped and tested ok. Need an Alignment bore and a decking. Been thus far unable to find anybody in the tristate or even east coast.

Thanks,
J
MMCCARTHY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

One of the best on the East coast,

http://keithsautoparts.com/ 1-800- RACE A VW and ask for Vic

They do and have done great work for years . Mike McCarthy
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

JAbenne wrote:
Hello all,

I am in central NJ,

Already had my crank prepped and tested ok. Need an Alignment bore and a decking. Been thus far unable to find anybody in the tristate or even east coast.

Thanks,
J

For machine work in Md you can get in touch with Paul (vwinnovator) on here he is in Passadena, Md and owns European Motor works. Or possibly Sean Dowdle former owner of Peek Performance. PM for his number. I build, full flow, blue print and some HPMX mods but time has been tight for me the last few years. Also there is Nick (NSracing) in VA.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WagginWagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Looking for help in the Portland, Oregon area. Got a bad compression report on my 1.6 Diesel engine for my 1981 Single Cab. Time to stop putting money into that engine and look into swaps...so I can go gas or diesel, I'm already leaning TDI...Any suggestions/referrals are welcome for Oregon or Washington shops that can take on the work and get the job done. Crafty solutions are also welcome...

Thanks!
teket999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: North-West Arkansas Southern MO: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Ultra slick turn key engines in North-West Arkansas (Booneville) area.

I was looking for a quality specialized engine transmission rebuild shop in my area for days and finally came across this website that offers, stock and performance rebuilt long block and turn key engines. The turn key engines are ultra slick and different. I haven't tried them yet, but since they are driving distance, I may get a discount for no shipping costs and can turn in my core at time of purchase without a core charge.

http://www.gex.com/hi-performance-vw-engine.htm
http://www.gex.com/VWPerfTrans.htm
http://www.gex.com/1776Turnkey.htm
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

You need to do some research. GEX is known for selling junk. Don't waste any money with them. Their quality is at the bottom of the list.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

teket999,
Read the feed back link below and enjoy the horror stories of folks who thought they were getting a great deal on a quality build. Only to find that the work done was shoddy with shady customer service.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92079&highlight=gex

Buyer beware!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
airjose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Nothing from GA? Looking for a quality engine builder in South Atlanta or in Macon, GA area. Read an article on a great engine builder in Macon, GA competing on a VW builder shoot-out several years back. Is he still around? Thank you all for the great information here! Take care, Jose
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

If you are looking for Mr. Jake Raby - I am sure he is around. Not been here lately I don't think. But someone correct me if I am mistaken.
delta1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

I have been trying to find a machine shop,I have tried fat, and head flowmasters with no luck...i live in mi.and race in torc series.i wood like to get a set of heads done 1st then I want a new case with internals..i would like a shop near me ...but none that we know of...it is a 1600 race motor so I would like to find someone that knows about that..just the machine work..we will assemble it...any other recommend for this...thanks guys...
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

I can do it for you man. Im only in VA.
I can do the machine work and balance work.

PM me
Logfarmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

HI, Y'all,
Looking for an engine builder for a 1963 bug in the
Spokane, Washington area. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Martin
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Euro Union, Hooks or Jason Estes are 3 local options in Spokane. If you want a stock engine, can give you a couple others
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Larry1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Anyone around the Savannah Ga. area for machine work
Logfarmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Hi
Yes we are looking for a stock engine, it does not have the original case as there is no serial number on it. The compression is low all around but number three is about 85psi.
Thanks,
Martin
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Consider Rocky Jennings over in Walla Walla.
GELS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

Upon reading this thread and the good reviews Chico was recieving, I ordered a Type 3 turnkey off Chico. I SO WISH I DIDN"T! What a piece of crap. The thing only lasted 800 miles, before I was into a huge strip and rebuild! Be warned!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Engine Builder Topic Reply with quote

And what happened when you contacted him about it?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: