Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilMonkley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Hello

I have a Meetup group that meets on the first Saturday of every month and we are looking for new people. We are 3 vans at the moment but are looking for more members. http://www.meetup.com/Geneve-aircooled-VW-Meetup/
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Neighbour, but water cooled...
Nobody's perfect
EvilMonkley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

What you got. We can't afford to be too exclusive
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Im thinken about a trip to Switzerland this winter...if it dont get too cold for my Floridian butt. but...I dont think Ill be driving my bug there.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

italy,switzerland&germany, got pas ports on the way and already got tickets. first stop...new jersey Shocked then on to milan for a day or 2 then on to swizzerland. I took out a loan on my life insurance to do it....so..if I die I wouldent of spent money on it...and if I die I dont have to pay it back... and what good is it after Im dead any way. Im not getten any younger.I did asia when I was younger. so....it's time to do some europe now.
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Way to go Mark, got to live life while you can enjoy it! Having been to Switzerland 3 times myself, I can tell you it is a beautiful country. The mountains will definitely be a change from Florida! Winter there is not that cold, I went snowboarding a few times and on some days I could walk back to the hotel in my T-shirt. In january... Then again, I'm from Canada, so I'm used to sub zero. When we had temps in the 40's down at the village, it felt like summer to me!!! For you coming from the sunshine state, the drop from 80's to 40's may seem a little more abrupt Wink Italy and Germany are on my To-do list in the near future too...

I didn't know you could take a loan on a life insurance. That's probably something I'll look into. Anyway, enjoy your trip to the fullest and I hope you'll get a chance to get a decent rental car, the roads are epic there...
ozzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Mark
that s were i live.... if i m not out on trip we can meet one day
do one day in milan check duomo of milan, castello sforzesco and the museum of svience anechnology with all the leonardo davinci stuff.

one day on lake como, take ferry between varenna and bellagio and enjoy the view of swiss mountain from middle of lake.

take the red tran from tirano to saint moritz going up to 2000 meter on train in middle of mountain covered of snow is awesome

than much more like spend one day hand porting my heads.... ah ah... joking
Enjoy the trip is great
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

crap I just saw your repply.it would of been so good to see you ozzo, we already left milan, in switerzerland now, we did duomo, and the leo sciance&tech museem and more, and a lot of walking and walking. that place is awesome!!! oh so many car's people.and cars and cars.and the buildings.oh the buildings kinda like I was in heaven.I love that stuff, whis i had more time there.I could spend a month and still want to see more of everything. that is a beautifull country for sure.and everybody was so nice and polite.food was ...unbealeivabley good!!!! Im so sorry I missed you and your post that would of been great.now my wife is pissed we could of had a good giude!!!!
ozzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

No worries... next time.. yes too many things to see and many car museums and monza circuit and... and... and... next time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

so I need a 6 month visa Shocked
mattgeneva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

Hi Evilmonkey

Love to meet up , am in Geneva , just waiting for the last few things to be finished on my car , after waiting last 16 months for the project to be finished , if you were at the Volksworld show you would have seen it , photo attached , so when shes back in Geneva let me know when you guys are meeting and ill come along, great to finally meet some other aircooled heads
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

mat in geneva thats so sweet!!!!! car looks awesome!!!!! were in the stages of planing another trip to switzerland&italy, taken my 84 year old mom this time if all go's as planned. some time next year probably end of march when my kid doing her first year of masters in Bologna, she has a spring break end of march. were probably not going to do any car stuff. I just love that area of the world...and sofar the people too!!! future son in law is from Thun Switzerland.....
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Any members in the Geneva, Switzerland area Reply with quote

I just got back today from another week in Italy&week in Switzerland. saw a few great looking vws there, 1 beautifull black split window bug in Switzerland...(I think I was intune then..thun...tuhn? crap my brain is still not back to normal Shocked ). and a great looking light green giha around milan as I was headed back to bologna, A good looking bug there too. had a great time in Italy(Bologna, Florence, Ravenna ,we rented a penthouse on the 7th floor in Bologna for a week ,it was oh so awesome!!(especially when it started snowing) Then rented a citron and drove to Switzerland for a week.so fricken awesome drive and lotsa snow!!! wore my ass out on the slopes, I took the wife and my 83 year old mom with me...or they took me with them...(we picked up my daughter in Bologna where shes doing hear first year of her masters at John's Hopkins there, so she shows us around real good), we all went to Switzerland for the next week where mom jumped off the mountain at Interlaken....with a paraglider...other than it almost froze off her face it was great. oh so expensive up there....everything!!! dollar tree items for over $20 each!!! we did a little site seeing and then hit the slopes..and they hit us... but no broken bones this year(3 ribs last year) spent last day back in bologna I was going to the Ducati plant but migraines hit me and....crap.I didn't get to go....( lot of snow, lot of driving, lot of twisty turns up in the mountains, too much food, toomuch sugar, lots of walking, climbing,snow and everything and by the 10th day my head was mush(Ducati factory was block from the motel we got for our last day in Italy neer the airoporto. So much for plans... then a day in Amsterdam....doing nothing. with everything to see and doo in that portion of the world it's hard to find time to fart. Italy is pure history and art and Switzerland is fun and friends. If I manage to win the lottery I would buy a place in Italy without hesitation.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: