Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nut Screws And Bolts
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Nut Screws And Bolts Reply with quote

Here in Hawaii we have limited sources for hardware. Ace Hardware has stuff but the majority is from China and proven not to be trusted in our salt infused environment. There's a place on Oahu that's suppose to have everything. We're doing a major refit of an Olson 30 sailboat and found that they don't have a lot of standard stuff.

A sales guy at West Marine whispered, "Try boltdepot.com."

We took a look and wowsers, they've got every type of nut bolt and screw we need. Metric too.

You guys on the Mainland probably have a store for stuff on the next block. For us, Bolt Depot is our new best friend.

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Nut Screws And Bolts Reply with quote

Nut screws and bolts was the punchline of a joke my dad told when I was a kid 50+ years ago.

Here in Detroit, I guess I'm a little spoiled with the easy availability of automotive hardware.
Another supplier I have used for some of the odd ball stuff is BelMetric https://www.belmetric.com/

Good luck, Mondshine
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Nut Screws And Bolts Reply with quote

You can try McMaster-Carr, I work for a large Nuclear company, and order lots of hardware from them. They have a heck of a business model, if I call at 4:00 PM before I leave my office for the day, I have everything by 10:30 the next morning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Nut Screws And Bolts Reply with quote

Mc Masters has every thing you need fast shipping the only place the Domeck Brothers use
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: