Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Seal Sample
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

Hi -- I have the wrong seals on the doors of my 73 412 Wagon. I was hoping someone had a piece of a correct one that I can use to source.

Of course I'd pay all shipping expenses, I just need about 6" worth of an old seal. Please let me know if you can help me out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

ClassicCamper wrote:
Hi -- I have the wrong seals on the doors of my 73 412 Wagon. I was hoping someone had a piece of a correct one that I can use to source.

Of course I'd pay all shipping expenses, I just need about 6" worth of an old seal. Please let me know if you can help me out.

It will take more than one sample. There are at leastctwo profiles on each door as memory goes. I replaced mine with aftermarket long ago so I have no samples......but its a flat profile up in the hinge area....a v shaped flap across the up. Cant remember the bottom. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

Thanks Ray. If anyone can help me out, kindly reach out to me.
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

Any other feedback/suggestions as to what door seals would be more aligned with a 73 Variant? Perhaps a T3 ?
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

Just checking in to see if I can get any further guidance on where to find/get the proper front door seal profile for a 73 Variant. Since I'm most likely several hundred miles from any remnant of a T4, I was hoping someone can give me some guidance. Thanks in advance. Ron
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

ClassicCamper wrote:
Just checking in to see if I can get any further guidance on where to find/get the proper front door seal profile for a 73 Variant. Since I'm most likely several hundred miles from any remnant of a T4, I was hoping someone can give me some guidance. Thanks in advance. Ron

I dont have proper factory seals....but mine seal perfectly. They are Auveco seals. I used two different profiles. They are similar to stock but you need to do some careful installing. They are better material than stock. Softer and more conformal when compressed.

I have never seen stock replacement seals. Ray
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Seal Sample Reply with quote

Do you have PN's for the Auveco seals?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: