Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016 Reply with quote

***RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 16TH DUE TO WEATHER***

The June Bug Classic at Maple Grove Raceway returns for 2016...

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Car show

Drag Races

New & old parts swap

More details will be coming. Please follow this thread and the Facebook thread...

June Bug Classic Car VW Car Show - PA

Maple Grove Raceway is locates outside of beautiful Reading, Pennsylvania.
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway - June 5, 2016 (O Reply with quote

Calendar marked !
Can't wait Cool

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway - June 5, 2016 (Offic Reply with quote

June Bug Classic at Maple Grove Raceway
Sunday, June 5

Gates open at 8am for participants and show-goers

Show: $___ general admission, Show classes $___ includes driver

50 show classes including 2 Audi classes

Car show CLASS registration ends at 12 noon

Drag Races: 1/8 & 1/4 mile
Test & tune class: run as many times as you want, amateurs welcome

All Out 1/4 mile Racing - VW powered

Awards at 4pm

Show is presented by Ulrich's Sales and Service

Swap: Swap spots: $___ includes driver/ spot

Vendors: New parts vendors welcome

Follow on Facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/JuneBugClassicVW
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway - June 5, 2016 (Offic Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
keith bumgarner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway - June 5, 2016 (Offic Reply with quote

What is the race payouts. It's a 9 hr drive one-way for me. I have always liked maple Grove. Want to come run but not with out some idea of the payouts.
G. Ulrich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway - June 5, 2016 (Offic Reply with quote

Pay outs for 2016 June Bug as of now. A-gas a cool 1000.00 - 400.00 runner up. I-gas 800.00- 400.00.and will pay out semi 100.00 if we have a 16 or more car field start the first round. Pro class 400- 200 and 1/4 mile bracket also 400-200. Pay outs are cash in hand and guaranteed by me! Hope this helps to tracked more cars.
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

28 days until the June Bug Classic at Maple Grove Raceway Located in beautiful Mohnton.

Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

Hope the weather report is wrong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rp999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

Doesn't look good 70% chance rain
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

Unfortunately due to the possible severity of storms on Sunday, for the safety of all involved with this great show, the June Bug Classic has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 16.

***** We will see you October 16 at Maple Grove Raceway for the June Bug Classic *****

Please like and share to make sure everyone is aware of the change in the show. Thank you.
keith bumgarner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

That date for oct16 is Sevwa.com fast times at Farmington. This will cause problems for people racing/ vendors/ even spectators. They are now going to have to choose between them in stead of getting to go to both. This has been done before and yes even though there that far away it does effect both shows.
rp999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

since Maple Groved is re-scheduled, I'm going to Winchester Speedway Saturday June 4, Wind and Water GTG Swap meet, google it
G. Ulrich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

Keith I didn't pick this date for any other reason then it was the only date to have or show. With Maple groves tight schedule and mine . It's then a no show at all this year. And also Englishtown show and go is on that date with racing only a two hour drive. And I have all the awards and prizes that I don't want to go to waste.
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

It sucks that this event had to get postponed...but I think we can all understand given the looming and potentially dangerous forecast for Sunday.
I'm sure Gene did not pick a date that interferes with any other VW event on purpose...especially any with drag racing involved.
That had to be a tough decision, and hopefully the October date works out.

Personally, I'm glad it was called in time BEFORE any of us headed in that direction.
Kudos for getting the word out ahead of time !
Nothings worse then driving to an event and then finding out that it was postponed or cancelled ~

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

keith bumgarner wrote:
That date for oct16 is Sevwa.com fast times at Farmington. This will cause problems for people racing/ vendors/ even spectators. They are now going to have to choose between them in stead of getting to go to both. This has been done before and yes even though there that far away it does effect both shows.
Rolling Eyes

people will decide which place to go..

If it's a 2-3 hr drive as a spectator to walk around and look vs. 8-9 hr drive, the close one prevails

Now if racing.. The place with the highest payouts is where I'd be heading..

Who know's though. Weather may play a role with both areas again..
sometime there is rain down south, sometime up north, sometime all the way up the coast..
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 5, 2016 Reply with quote

G. Ulrich wrote:
Keith I didn't pick this date for any other reason then it was the only date to have or show. With Maple groves tight schedule and mine . It's then a no show at all this year. And also Englishtown show and go is on that date with racing only a two hour drive. And I have all the awards and prizes that I don't want to go to waste.

It is tough trying to reschedule a show with only what the track has dates for. We have been there and done that many times, but sometimes elected not to reschedule because of other events, since it would majorly effect ours.

Glad you were able to get this out in time for everyone to see about the cancellation of the event. We have had to do that as well and glad we did.

Good Luck with the Oct event. It is always a tough call for the racers/spectators to have to pick 3 events within their area. I know that ours is a bit further south, but we always seem to have quite a few from up North to come down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016 Reply with quote

Is this show still on for the 16th?

Can't believe there isn't more chatter on the forum about this show?
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016 Reply with quote

50Splitman wrote:
Is this show still on for the 16th?

Can't believe there isn't more chatter on the forum about this show?

Yes sir. The show will be fanatic with racing, a swap & the always outstanding kid area hosted by the Ulrich family and friends.

The chatter has been happening on facebook, seems that's all the rage these days.

https://m.facebook.com/JuneBugClassicVW/
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016 Reply with quote

vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: June Bug Classic - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - Oct 16, 2016 Reply with quote

will definitely be there
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: