Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA??
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
66BeetleSam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA?? Reply with quote

Hello!! My name is Samantha, and my husband and I are new to the Beetle world. It's been a dream car for me, and we recently purchased a 1966 to restore. It was supposed to be an easy restoration, but we ran into a few snags, body wise... Looking for someone to do some metal work. We want someone that is experienced in Beetle restorations, hence the reason we aren't just bringing it to a local shop to weld it up. Please, if anyone has any shop suggestions, please put me in touch!! We can most certainly take video and photos of the car prior to bringing it so we are all on the same page, repair wise. Located in SE Wisconsin, but will to travel to surrounding states. Want done ASAP, not wanting to wait til next year. Thanks!!
lqqkatjon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA?? Reply with quote

have no affiliation, and never met, talked to or had work done by the guy below.

but I noticed he was advertising on samba, in Lakeville, MN.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1892488

The only thing I can say, is be very careful and check references on anybody you find who will do the work. very easy for someone to promise quick turn around and then the whole deal taking way longer... happens way too often.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA?? Reply with quote

www.401Restos.com in RI.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Danpa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA?? Reply with quote

I have absolutely no experience with this place, but it looks like you can at least check them out since they aren't REALLY far away.

http://www.classicvwrestoration.com/

I just did all my own, although my 6 month project is going on 8 years and nowhere near done. Sad

Dan
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Experienced Beetle Body Repair in WI, IL, IN, MI, MN or IA?? Reply with quote

Get a hold of Josh at JOGR, he is in Oregon WI. He is more of a bus guy, and I'm sure if he doesn't have time to do it, he can refer locally. www.JOGRusa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: