Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mojave Beige
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodley423
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Mojave Beige Reply with quote

So I have a MK4 Gti with the color mojave beige and I was told that its rare. I want to know how rare and how much its worth in good condition because someone told me one just sold for big money. Very Happy
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Mojave Beige Reply with quote

I wouldn't bank your future on it. I guess you'll need to find a site that keeps track of that sort of thing and do the research. Even IF it were true, you'd have to find a pretty hard-core mkIV VW lover to realize even a small increase in sale price. And the car would also need to be in tip top condition. Is it? And are you lookin' to sell it.
Woodley423
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mojave Beige Reply with quote

Its not in tip top condition but I'm trying my hardest to get it there and I would sell it for the right price.
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mojave Beige Reply with quote

My anecdotal evidence is that Mojave Beige is an unusual color for GTIs and Jetta wagons. I would hesitate to use "rare" but maybe that's just me.

I agree on not banking on it having a premium. My observation has been whether or not a color is a one-year, one-car specific color -- for example, Cinnabar on a '96 Cabrio or River Blue on a '79 Super Beetle convertible. Mojave Beige was very common on a Passat, as my '02 Passat was that color.

That said, I think the color does look better than most -- especially (and ironically enough) on a GTI or a Jetta wagon. I would more strongly consider a Jetta wagon (or GTI if I were in the market for one) in Mojave Beige. The opposite is true for me with Reflex Silver. In that sense, I guess there is a personal premium I would attach -- but I'm not sure I could say unequivocally a specific dollar amount. It would be on a car-by-car basis.

Again, that's me. VW sold an awful lot of Reflex Silver vehicles for a reason.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mojave Beige Reply with quote

Paint color doesn't matter.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: