Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! )
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk knighton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

Normally I do indeed drive my 411 to work on April 11th, but her steering has an issue right now so I drove my 412 fastback. Tomorrow I will drive my 412 Wagon.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

Niiiiiiicccce! Very Happy
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kirk knighton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

The picture of my daughters is from April 12th 2008, when Emily was still 4 years old and Karin was still 12. A one-day-only event in time!
kgarchivinusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

Perfekt timing with the kids, Kirk. Razz
1968 VW 411 4-door royal red
1968 VW 411 L 4-door cobaltblue
1988 Porsche 924S Targa alpinweiss

(O = i = O) Karmann Ghia rassig und charmant [hot-blooded and charming] [O o\ i /o O]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

Is that Sparky the red 412 and Julie Aleva (RIP) in that picture?
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kirk knighton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 411 Day, 2016 today! ( And 412 Day tomorrow! ) Reply with quote

Yes, that is Julie and her Sparkie, the day we met: August 2003. She was flabbergasted to meet me - somebody else with a passion for Type 4s at long last! And of course I was equally flabbergasted. She died a little more than a year later; her father, who had bought her Sparkie for her 18th birthday, inherited the car back from her, and he contacted me about becoming Sparkie's new caretaker. Eleven years later now, and I am still stunned by it all.
Sparkie is looking and running great - always garaged, tuned, the best oil money can buy. Sparkie is much more than a mere car; she's a legacy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: