Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1 17" brms
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Cip1 17" brms Reply with quote

Is anyone running the 17" brms that cip1 sells? How are the quality and how did you get them to fit?

I've put 17" Escras on my bug before so I'm wondering if it's the same process. This time I'm putting 17's on a link pin bug.
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beleive the 17" BRM and the Escra's are both 17x7 et40 so if thats the case it should be pretty much exactly like running the escra's....ken....
ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I havn't seen or herd any reviews on them yet.
530ratvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im waiting on a set to arrive this week, from clip 1. I have seen the 15" set and they looked good. I will post some pic once they hit later this week.
bfrancis972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set on my 67 vert. 17x7 brms on all 4. Tires up front are 195/40/17. Back is 205/45/17. The back has 2.75 drop extentions,,no rubbing yet. The front I have installed a franklins 4 inch narrowed adj.beam with drop spindles and disk brakes. The wheels seem to fit just fine, I have not drivin the car yet. I am getting a motor built
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide 5 BRM's in 17"?

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah cip1 sells them for around $150. Something different.
audiomessiah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1 17" brms Reply with quote

Ok so i bought some of these wheels. so far they're not fitting the way i would like. already ive had to go to a 205/50/17 for the rear along with a wheel spacer to get the tire away from the spring plate. not ideal but it will work. as for the front. i put a 205/40/17 on it. the wheel tucks but turning radius is not ideal. tight turns are a no go for the tire is hitting the torion arm. other than taking the rims to a wheel shop and having them narrowed to a 5.5 width does anyone have any ideas.
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1 17" brms Reply with quote

There are a few things you can do for the rear. Long axles, 1"wider rear disk conversion, thing droms etc. If you narrow the front wheels, nankang 165/35/17s. Very hard to find domestically. Do you have dropped spindles?
ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1 17" brms Reply with quote

Add drop spindles or disc brakes up front.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: